- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
The Foo Fighters’ ice bucket challenge video is bloody brilliant
It might be the most elaborate challenge yet.
People everywhere are taking the ice bucket challenge to raise money and awareness for the fight against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Regardless of how you may feel about all of the videos popping up in your social media feeds, it’s undeniable that the movement has succeeded in bringing an unprecedented amount of attention to a good cause. ALS Association is boasting $22.9 million in donations, from more than 450,000 new donors.
With that in mind, celebrities are joining in on the fun, donating money and trying to make more elaborate and creative videos than their star friends.
Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters, however, have upped the ante with what could be the most creative ice bucket challenge video yet.
The clip, which was posted on their Facebook page, borrows inspiration (and some footage) from Stephen King’s 1976 cult horror classic Carrie. The band substitutes a bucket of ice water in place of the pail of pig’s blood from the film’s most iconic scene, but Grohl is doused nonetheless—prom dress, crown, and all.
The whole thing reminds us just how entertaining the Foo Fighters are, particularly when they decide to play dress-up.
Grohl nominated Stephen King, Jack Black, and John Travolta to do the challenge, so perhaps they’ll attempt to one-up him with their donation videos.
If you would like to make your own donation to help fight ALS, you can do so at alsa.org.
Screengrab via YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.