- Congress isn’t too keen on Facebook starting a cryptocurrency 5 Years Ago
- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige 5 Years Ago
- How to watch the U.S. women vs. Sweden online for free Today 7:00 AM
- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
The Foo Fighters’ ice bucket challenge video is bloody brilliant
It might be the most elaborate challenge yet.
People everywhere are taking the ice bucket challenge to raise money and awareness for the fight against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Regardless of how you may feel about all of the videos popping up in your social media feeds, it’s undeniable that the movement has succeeded in bringing an unprecedented amount of attention to a good cause. ALS Association is boasting $22.9 million in donations, from more than 450,000 new donors.
With that in mind, celebrities are joining in on the fun, donating money and trying to make more elaborate and creative videos than their star friends.
Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters, however, have upped the ante with what could be the most creative ice bucket challenge video yet.
The clip, which was posted on their Facebook page, borrows inspiration (and some footage) from Stephen King’s 1976 cult horror classic Carrie. The band substitutes a bucket of ice water in place of the pail of pig’s blood from the film’s most iconic scene, but Grohl is doused nonetheless—prom dress, crown, and all.
The whole thing reminds us just how entertaining the Foo Fighters are, particularly when they decide to play dress-up.
Grohl nominated Stephen King, Jack Black, and John Travolta to do the challenge, so perhaps they’ll attempt to one-up him with their donation videos.
If you would like to make your own donation to help fight ALS, you can do so at alsa.org.
Screengrab via YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.