- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
The Foo Fighters’ ice bucket challenge video is bloody brilliant
It might be the most elaborate challenge yet.
People everywhere are taking the ice bucket challenge to raise money and awareness for the fight against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Regardless of how you may feel about all of the videos popping up in your social media feeds, it’s undeniable that the movement has succeeded in bringing an unprecedented amount of attention to a good cause. ALS Association is boasting $22.9 million in donations, from more than 450,000 new donors.
With that in mind, celebrities are joining in on the fun, donating money and trying to make more elaborate and creative videos than their star friends.
Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters, however, have upped the ante with what could be the most creative ice bucket challenge video yet.
The clip, which was posted on their Facebook page, borrows inspiration (and some footage) from Stephen King’s 1976 cult horror classic Carrie. The band substitutes a bucket of ice water in place of the pail of pig’s blood from the film’s most iconic scene, but Grohl is doused nonetheless—prom dress, crown, and all.
The whole thing reminds us just how entertaining the Foo Fighters are, particularly when they decide to play dress-up.
Grohl nominated Stephen King, Jack Black, and John Travolta to do the challenge, so perhaps they’ll attempt to one-up him with their donation videos.
If you would like to make your own donation to help fight ALS, you can do so at alsa.org.
Screengrab via YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.