- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Tuesday 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Tuesday 10:36 AM
The Foo Fighters’ ice bucket challenge video is bloody brilliant
It might be the most elaborate challenge yet.
People everywhere are taking the ice bucket challenge to raise money and awareness for the fight against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Regardless of how you may feel about all of the videos popping up in your social media feeds, it’s undeniable that the movement has succeeded in bringing an unprecedented amount of attention to a good cause. ALS Association is boasting $22.9 million in donations, from more than 450,000 new donors.
With that in mind, celebrities are joining in on the fun, donating money and trying to make more elaborate and creative videos than their star friends.
Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters, however, have upped the ante with what could be the most creative ice bucket challenge video yet.
The clip, which was posted on their Facebook page, borrows inspiration (and some footage) from Stephen King’s 1976 cult horror classic Carrie. The band substitutes a bucket of ice water in place of the pail of pig’s blood from the film’s most iconic scene, but Grohl is doused nonetheless—prom dress, crown, and all.
The whole thing reminds us just how entertaining the Foo Fighters are, particularly when they decide to play dress-up.
Grohl nominated Stephen King, Jack Black, and John Travolta to do the challenge, so perhaps they’ll attempt to one-up him with their donation videos.
If you would like to make your own donation to help fight ALS, you can do so at alsa.org.
Screengrab via YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.