- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
A mystery pilot used a private plane to draw a penis over Florida
We tried really hard to cram a cockpit joke in this headline.
The website and app Flightradar24 lets you view air traffic in real time, which is especially helpful as a monstrous festival like South by Southwest begins. Recently, though, someone took artistic license with the flight radar for a private aircraft flying over central Florida.
It’s not clear if the artist was making a statement about Florida’s stance on climate change, doing a little freehand drawing exercise, or if the flight path actually was penis-shaped (which would be amazing), but as someone from Florida who has spent time in the hellscape of Lakeland, I salute this American hero.
This also isn’t the first time a dick has appeared on the radar.
Hopefully the Flightradar24 artist and this Nike app genius collaborate on something.
Editor’s note: The plane is apparently registered to Orlando-based B&M Aviation LLC, and we can only hope that’s an elaborate poop joke.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.