- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ 1 Year Ago
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
There’s a reason why every tired comedy routine since the beginning of time goes to the tune of, “something something, men are like this and women are that.” Because try as they might, there are just some things heterosexual normies will never be able to comprehend about the opposite sex. And for many men, this includes the perplexing and intimidating territory when it comes to his fair lady’s beauty habits.
Case in point: When newlywed Charlema Webb asked her husband for a Fenty highlighter palette—from Rihanna’s hot new cosmetics brand launched last year—or something of similar quality for their one month wedding anniversary, he got her this:
So my wonderful new husband Vincent Webb asked what I wanted for our 1 month wedding anniversary. I told him I wanted a...Posted by Charlema Webb on Thursday, May 17, 2018
Yes, that would be Sharpie highlighting markers and a Goody brush. Basic confusion about the gift aside, Vincent my dear, trust when I say your wife probably isn’t using a hairbrush from CVS or Walgreens.
At any rate, Webb’s Facebook post went viral and eventually caught the attention of none other than Fenty Beauty, which couldn’t help but share the goof on social media.
Many others were likewise happy to share her amusement with the situation.
I am HOLLERING. This is too cute and funny.— LaT ⚖ (@latxcvi) May 22, 2018
Bless his heart lol— Mermaid (@LovePeaceOM) May 22, 2018
And what’s more, Fenty is going to hook Charlema up for her patience with her new husband.
Honestly, though, the mixup speaks volumes to the fact that the couple have only been married for one month that she would entrust her husband with such a highly specific purchase in the first place.
H/T The Cut
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.