- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
There’s a reason why every tired comedy routine since the beginning of time goes to the tune of, “something something, men are like this and women are that.” Because try as they might, there are just some things heterosexual normies will never be able to comprehend about the opposite sex. And for many men, this includes the perplexing and intimidating territory when it comes to his fair lady’s beauty habits.
Case in point: When newlywed Charlema Webb asked her husband for a Fenty highlighter palette—from Rihanna’s hot new cosmetics brand launched last year—or something of similar quality for their one month wedding anniversary, he got her this:
So my wonderful new husband Vincent Webb asked what I wanted for our 1 month wedding anniversary. I told him I wanted a...Posted by Charlema Webb on Thursday, May 17, 2018
Yes, that would be Sharpie highlighting markers and a Goody brush. Basic confusion about the gift aside, Vincent my dear, trust when I say your wife probably isn’t using a hairbrush from CVS or Walgreens.
At any rate, Webb’s Facebook post went viral and eventually caught the attention of none other than Fenty Beauty, which couldn’t help but share the goof on social media.
Many others were likewise happy to share her amusement with the situation.
I am HOLLERING. This is too cute and funny.— LaT ⚖ (@latxcvi) May 22, 2018
Bless his heart lol— Mermaid (@LovePeaceOM) May 22, 2018
And what’s more, Fenty is going to hook Charlema up for her patience with her new husband.
Honestly, though, the mixup speaks volumes to the fact that the couple have only been married for one month that she would entrust her husband with such a highly specific purchase in the first place.
H/T The Cut
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.