- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back 1 Year Ago
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Today 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Today 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Today 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Today 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Today 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Today 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Today 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Today 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Today 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Today 11:33 AM
- The cast list for the ‘Kingsman’ prequel movie looks totally nuts Today 11:17 AM
- The best Prime Day deals to heat up your kitchen Today 11:16 AM
- YouTuber Emily Hartridge killed in electric scooter crash Today 10:50 AM
- Is Lashana Lynch really playing 007 in the new Bond movie? Today 10:33 AM
Woman asks husband for Fenty highlighter, gets Sharpies instead
There’s a reason why every tired comedy routine since the beginning of time goes to the tune of, “something something, men are like this and women are that.” Because try as they might, there are just some things heterosexual normies will never be able to comprehend about the opposite sex. And for many men, this includes the perplexing and intimidating territory when it comes to his fair lady’s beauty habits.
Case in point: When newlywed Charlema Webb asked her husband for a Fenty highlighter palette—from Rihanna’s hot new cosmetics brand launched last year—or something of similar quality for their one month wedding anniversary, he got her this:
So my wonderful new husband Vincent Webb asked what I wanted for our 1 month wedding anniversary. I told him I wanted a...Posted by Charlema Webb on Thursday, May 17, 2018
Yes, that would be Sharpie highlighting markers and a Goody brush. Basic confusion about the gift aside, Vincent my dear, trust when I say your wife probably isn’t using a hairbrush from CVS or Walgreens.
At any rate, Webb’s Facebook post went viral and eventually caught the attention of none other than Fenty Beauty, which couldn’t help but share the goof on social media.
Many others were likewise happy to share her amusement with the situation.
I am HOLLERING. This is too cute and funny.— LaT ⚖ (@latxcvi) May 22, 2018
Bless his heart lol— Mermaid (@LovePeaceOM) May 22, 2018
And what’s more, Fenty is going to hook Charlema up for her patience with her new husband.
Honestly, though, the mixup speaks volumes to the fact that the couple have only been married for one month that she would entrust her husband with such a highly specific purchase in the first place.
H/T The Cut
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.