- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video 4 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
Heroically, the folks at this real estate website researched 11 years of Google search information to find “which terms users in each state Googled more than any other.” Then they highlighted the most embarrassing or shameful terms and gave them to the Internet in this handy map.
Peruse at your convenience, and make sure to check for your home state, the state in which you currently reside, and the states in which your in-laws were born to see what residents are keen to learn about.
A few questions/observations:
- Even people in Massachusetts think a Tom Brady “deflated balls” gag is pretty funny.
- Why is North Dakota so enamored with Limp Bizkit? Perhaps the entire state is still buzzing over the concert the Fred Durst-led nu metal band performed in September 2014. Either that or—and hopefully this is the case—North Dakotans are searching: “Best way to destroy all my Limp Bizkit CDs.”
- Ideally, Georgia and Alabama never mix up their recipes.
- Anybody else disappointed at how boring Florida’s term is?
- No surprise that the smallest state in the union is worried about penis size.
Estately breaks down its findings like this: “The Pacific and Mountain West are lands filled with nerds, the South is insecure about its manhood, states in the Appalachian Mountains are concerned about various vermin on their bodies, and the Midwest has terrible taste in movies.”
Anything else that was weird about this map? Estately commented: “Strangely, only Delaware was relatively free of embarrassing search terms, which is obviously a red flag that our study is flawed.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.