- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Tuesday 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Tuesday 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Tuesday 10:23 AM
Was that the best you could do, Florida?
Heroically, the folks at this real estate website researched 11 years of Google search information to find “which terms users in each state Googled more than any other.” Then they highlighted the most embarrassing or shameful terms and gave them to the Internet in this handy map.
Peruse at your convenience, and make sure to check for your home state, the state in which you currently reside, and the states in which your in-laws were born to see what residents are keen to learn about.
A few questions/observations:
- Even people in Massachusetts think a Tom Brady “deflated balls” gag is pretty funny.
- Why is North Dakota so enamored with Limp Bizkit? Perhaps the entire state is still buzzing over the concert the Fred Durst-led nu metal band performed in September 2014. Either that or—and hopefully this is the case—North Dakotans are searching: “Best way to destroy all my Limp Bizkit CDs.”
- Ideally, Georgia and Alabama never mix up their recipes.
- Anybody else disappointed at how boring Florida’s term is?
- No surprise that the smallest state in the union is worried about penis size.
Estately breaks down its findings like this: “The Pacific and Mountain West are lands filled with nerds, the South is insecure about its manhood, states in the Appalachian Mountains are concerned about various vermin on their bodies, and the Midwest has terrible taste in movies.”
Anything else that was weird about this map? Estately commented: “Strangely, only Delaware was relatively free of embarrassing search terms, which is obviously a red flag that our study is flawed.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.