- How to watch ‘American Horror Story: 1984’ 4 Years Ago
- What’s new in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? 4 Years Ago
- ‘Carole and Tuesday’ is a feast for the eyes, ears, and heart 4 Years Ago
- Tara Booth’s Instagram art embraces the comedy in mental health struggles Today 6:00 AM
- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
Heroically, the folks at this real estate website researched 11 years of Google search information to find “which terms users in each state Googled more than any other.” Then they highlighted the most embarrassing or shameful terms and gave them to the Internet in this handy map.
Peruse at your convenience, and make sure to check for your home state, the state in which you currently reside, and the states in which your in-laws were born to see what residents are keen to learn about.
A few questions/observations:
- Even people in Massachusetts think a Tom Brady “deflated balls” gag is pretty funny.
- Why is North Dakota so enamored with Limp Bizkit? Perhaps the entire state is still buzzing over the concert the Fred Durst-led nu metal band performed in September 2014. Either that or—and hopefully this is the case—North Dakotans are searching: “Best way to destroy all my Limp Bizkit CDs.”
- Ideally, Georgia and Alabama never mix up their recipes.
- Anybody else disappointed at how boring Florida’s term is?
- No surprise that the smallest state in the union is worried about penis size.
Estately breaks down its findings like this: “The Pacific and Mountain West are lands filled with nerds, the South is insecure about its manhood, states in the Appalachian Mountains are concerned about various vermin on their bodies, and the Midwest has terrible taste in movies.”
Anything else that was weird about this map? Estately commented: “Strangely, only Delaware was relatively free of embarrassing search terms, which is obviously a red flag that our study is flawed.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.