- ‘Christmas With My Father’: Generational tension, without the tension 4 Years Ago
- New ‘Rise of Skywalker’ clip includes a possible spoiler about Palpatine Today 7:16 AM
- Teens keep trolling Florida’s new school safety app Today 6:30 AM
- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- ‘Party, Party, Party’ TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
Heroically, the folks at this real estate website researched 11 years of Google search information to find “which terms users in each state Googled more than any other.” Then they highlighted the most embarrassing or shameful terms and gave them to the Internet in this handy map.
Peruse at your convenience, and make sure to check for your home state, the state in which you currently reside, and the states in which your in-laws were born to see what residents are keen to learn about.
A few questions/observations:
- Even people in Massachusetts think a Tom Brady “deflated balls” gag is pretty funny.
- Why is North Dakota so enamored with Limp Bizkit? Perhaps the entire state is still buzzing over the concert the Fred Durst-led nu metal band performed in September 2014. Either that or—and hopefully this is the case—North Dakotans are searching: “Best way to destroy all my Limp Bizkit CDs.”
- Ideally, Georgia and Alabama never mix up their recipes.
- Anybody else disappointed at how boring Florida’s term is?
- No surprise that the smallest state in the union is worried about penis size.
Estately breaks down its findings like this: “The Pacific and Mountain West are lands filled with nerds, the South is insecure about its manhood, states in the Appalachian Mountains are concerned about various vermin on their bodies, and the Midwest has terrible taste in movies.”
Anything else that was weird about this map? Estately commented: “Strangely, only Delaware was relatively free of embarrassing search terms, which is obviously a red flag that our study is flawed.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.