- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Elizabeth Gillies turned heads with a video she posted on Sept. 28, which shows her strutting her stuff in an elegant red dress. The video quickly became a meme, with people flocking to add their own captions to the video of her confident swagger through the set of the Dynasty reboot, in which she stars as Fallon Carrington.
You’ve probably seen variations of this clip in your feed lately:
🕺🏻✨🕺🏻✨🕺🏻 pic.twitter.com/CIqCQ7nKzR— Elizabeth Gillies (@LizGillies) September 28, 2018
Within days people were sharing the video with their own captions, like this one claiming Gillies “invented walking.”
Elizabeth Gillies invented walking https://t.co/CXM9TJPWtI— Mikala (@mikalaaa) September 29, 2018
me after doing one (1) squat and showing off my new and improved body https://t.co/deGFA82yVB— EM! (@uhhmmily) September 30, 2018
Twitter user @sarahfneil1 gave a shoutout to all the theater geeks out there with her caption, “theater kids walking into a Denny’s after their closing show.” Gillies herself even retweeted that one.
theater kids walking into a denny’s after their closing show https://t.co/XLQQmXRTq7— super sarah (@sarahfneil1) October 1, 2018
Another relateable meme shared the video alongside a scenario everyone has experienced at least once. “Me walking past the people I just passed cause I went the wrong way,” @PTRCLVS wrote.
Me walking past the people I just passed cause I went the wrong way https://t.co/YeKLgRH6Mq— P (@PTRCLVS) October 2, 2018
From there, dozens of people jumped on board, sharing the video with a variety of real-world scenarios captioning it. Grabbing Starbucks on the way to work, sauntering through Disneyland with that oh-so-wonderful fast pass, and even holding in vomit on the way to the bathroom were all targets.
Me, fifteen minutes late to work walking into Starbucks to pick up the cold brew I mobile ordered pic.twitter.com/4K0D7GGTIJ— jon (@prasejeebus) October 1, 2018
Walking down the fastpass line at Disneyland with everyone in the standby gawking at you pic.twitter.com/s7VABN9GdF— MatterhornStan ⭐️ (@QuanDisney) September 29, 2018
going after your horse after you fall off and people are watching https://t.co/SH50ntCywb— breeyoncé (@bryelle__) October 1, 2018
me coming onto twitter knowing that my mutuals are tired of me and my nonsense https://t.co/hQIzqqGoiq— nita (@_trvly) October 2, 2018
Next time you have something important to do, channel Gillies’ confident strut and get your way.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.