- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
Masked gang invades restaurant, but this dude couldn’t care less
And lo, no f**ks were given that day.
Look at unfavorable restaurant reviews online and you’ll find complaints about slow service, undercooked food, grating noise. In other parts of the world, there are bigger problems to contend with while dining out, like an invasion of a couple dozen violent thugs in masks.
The purportedly Russian security footage below shows a gang in white armbands—also worn by pro-Russian soldiers and civilian militia in the Crimean conflict—swarming into a peaceful establishment and initiating a brawl. (In method they resembled a mafia gang that stormed an Italian eatery in Russia as part of a protection racket earlier this year, seriously injuring several employees.) But while everyone else joins the melee or flees the scene, one unimpressed customer sits calmly at his table and waits for the whole thing to blow over.
Did this badass know exactly what was going to happen? Was he actually in on it? Perhaps. But we prefer to believe that he was hoping, nay, praying for someone to lay a finger on him so that he could try out that Krav Maga wrist break he’d been working on. Maybe next time!
Photo via Shemsu.Hor/Flickr (CC BY ND 2.0)
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'