- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
You think you’ve seen double denim—the “Canadian tuxedo” of jeans and a denim jacket—but you haven’t really seen double denim until you’ve seen jeans on jeans. Apparently, the new trend for fall is to wear jeans like Steve Bannon wears shirts: in absurd layers. This $700 pair by Natasha Zinko is already sold out, Slate’s Laura Bennett pointed out this week:
This is one pair of high-waisted jeans seemingly formed from two pairs of normal jeans. It’s bizarre, and of a piece with contemporary trends like The Weird Sleeve. And lest you think this is the only pair of jeans-on-jeans making the rounds right now, here are some more examples:https://twitter.com/curtainqueen/status/908425380784197632
omg margiela did a pair like this that were a hybrid of black trousers and jeans- they're one thousand dollars of BIZARRE pic.twitter.com/DZfl2aBM2P— Yash (@yashwinacanter) September 14, 2017
“What is happening?” women who wear clothes want to know.
what is happening— Alexandra Adams (@alexandra_adams) September 14, 2017
I am confused and upset— Katy Waldman (@xwaldie) September 14, 2017
Is this Rihanna’s fault?
this one thing that not even Rihanna can make right. pic.twitter.com/WIQlK5lXI0— Rachael Sullivan (@rachaelsullivan) September 14, 2017
In a time when nothing seems to make sense, why should pants have any logic to them? Whatever is happening, it’s clear that ubiquitous flannel and pumpkin spice are the least of our problems this fall: it is the season of double double jeans jeans.
Don’t worry. It could always be worse. Those clear-knee mom jeans from Topshop could have caught on.
Actually, it’s a tough call! pic.twitter.com/prjpTj3JiI— Kristine Garina (@KristineGarina) September 14, 2017
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.