- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ 3 Years Ago
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
The denizens of Reddit’s Donald Trump-focused subreddit, r/the_donald, are the president’s most slavish devotees, referring to Trump himself as a “God-Emperor” who they believe is as infallible as their own maker.
Naturally, this leads the group of Trump stans to search for higher meaning in any of his actions, ascribing awe-inducing powers to the man, regardless of any plausibility. Thus, you constantly see Trump’s nonsensical behaviors explained away by him playing sixth-dimensional, multiverse-spanning chess, and you get a thing like this:
There, the first letter of the first, fifth, sixth, and seventh line spell “I win.”
Did Trump secretly plant that not-technically-an-acrostic acrostic in his letter firing Comey? It’s possible. But once you start seeing one thing, it’s certainly possible to see a bevy of other secret messages Trump may have been delivering.
So was Trump sending Comey one final boast? Or was he revealing an autoimmune disease he has?
We may never know.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]