- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
- These are the only online dating sites worth your time Monday 10:29 AM
The internet loves this very good dog for keeping his cat friend from getting into a brawl
“He’s not worth it Tiddles…”
Who among us hasn’t been in this situation before? You’re out at the bar on a Friday night when a drunk buddy starts flexing his beer muscles at another patron. What’s a friend to do? You can always jump into the fray and get your buddy’s back—depending on your own level of inebriation, of course—or you can be the responsible friend and jump in and say, “Nah dude, it’s not worth it.”
Anyone who has ever been the friend in this scenario hopefully chose the latter path, or if not, hopefully they got a good public defender and had their bail money ready.
Even our canine friends know that sometimes the best option is to just walk away, as evidenced by this video that surfaced on Twitter this week of a good dog that didn’t let a fight break out between his cat friend and another cat. Animals: they’re just like us!
good boy doesn't let a fight break out 😀👌 pic.twitter.com/Vb0h0OKJ6H
— Gaml .y (@m_yosry2012) August 10, 2018
In the short clip, a cat inexplicably wearing a leash prowls slowly and menacingly toward something just out of frame to the left, which turns out to be an even bigger and even more menacing looking cat.
“Not so fast,” says his golden retriever friend, who grabs the cat by the leash and drags his furry butt away from the unfolding confrontation–and ostensibly, the crisis was averted.
As the clip began to go viral (nearly 9 million views and counting) people couldn’t get enough of the funny yet wholly relatable interaction, and the jokes and gif reactions came pouring in.
Hes gotta keep his friend out of trouble
— Archer Class Donovan (@DwebbV) August 10, 2018
Cat: don’t start none, won’t be none…
Dog: *rushes in* There will be none. None is happening, come back here. https://t.co/a8LcGLU4BB
— Akela Cooper (@AkelaCooper) August 10, 2018
— I will ａｌｗａｙｓ think about you (@sugadennis) August 10, 2018
— Darren (@djohn90) August 10, 2018
"Leave it Tiddles, he's not worth it…"
— Neil Ford (@Neil_Ford) August 10, 2018
I fucking love dogs and i love cats and i love that a dog can love and protect a cat god it’s all so pure
— birthday bitch (@LetMeSpoiIThat) August 10, 2018
Thankful for good friends. 😂🥃 pic.twitter.com/Ta3eKTvpni
— Vlipsy 🔊 (@VlipsyApp) August 10, 2018
And here’s one that sadly all too many of us who use this website can definitely relate to:
I need a golden retriever to pull me away from Twitter fights
— Lukas Neville (@lukasneville) August 10, 2018
Should we all be so lucky to have such a loyal friend who jumps in to pull us away from bad decisions, whether it be dog, cat, human or otherwise.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.