- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
Who among us hasn’t been in this situation before? You’re out at the bar on a Friday night when a drunk buddy starts flexing his beer muscles at another patron. What’s a friend to do? You can always jump into the fray and get your buddy’s back—depending on your own level of inebriation, of course—or you can be the responsible friend and jump in and say, “Nah dude, it’s not worth it.”
Anyone who has ever been the friend in this scenario hopefully chose the latter path, or if not, hopefully they got a good public defender and had their bail money ready.
Even our canine friends know that sometimes the best option is to just walk away, as evidenced by this video that surfaced on Twitter this week of a good dog that didn’t let a fight break out between his cat friend and another cat. Animals: they’re just like us!
In the short clip, a cat inexplicably wearing a leash prowls slowly and menacingly toward something just out of frame to the left, which turns out to be an even bigger and even more menacing looking cat.
“Not so fast,” says his golden retriever friend, who grabs the cat by the leash and drags his furry butt away from the unfolding confrontation–and ostensibly, the crisis was averted.
As the clip began to go viral (nearly 9 million views and counting) people couldn’t get enough of the funny yet wholly relatable interaction, and the jokes and gif reactions came pouring in.
Hes gotta keep his friend out of trouble— Archer Class Donovan (@DwebbV) August 10, 2018
Cat: don’t start none, won’t be none...— Akela Cooper (@AkelaCooper) August 10, 2018
Dog: *rushes in* There will be none. None is happening, come back here. https://t.co/a8LcGLU4BB
"Leave it Tiddles, he's not worth it..."— Neil Ford (@Neil_Ford) August 10, 2018
I fucking love dogs and i love cats and i love that a dog can love and protect a cat god it’s all so pure— birthday bitch (@LetMeSpoiIThat) August 10, 2018
And here’s one that sadly all too many of us who use this website can definitely relate to:
I need a golden retriever to pull me away from Twitter fights— Lukas Neville (@lukasneville) August 10, 2018
Should we all be so lucky to have such a loyal friend who jumps in to pull us away from bad decisions, whether it be dog, cat, human or otherwise.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.