- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ 6 Months Ago
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
Anaheim police are investigating an incident that took place at Disneyland over the weekend that involved a violent brawl that broke out between several adult members of a family.
The fight was caught on video by a bystander and uploaded to YouTube on Sunday, where it has since been viewed nearly two million times. In the disturbing footage, below, you can see what appears to be the tail-end of a verbal altercation between a man and a woman who are believed to be brother and a sister at the Mickey’s Toontown section of the park on Saturday.
Then, the woman spits in the man’s face and all hell breaks loose.
(You can watch the full video here. Warning: the footage is graphic.)
The man immediately begins pummeling the woman (and anyone else who attempts to intervene) as several other bystanders and family members quickly become involved.
Police eventually arrived at the scene, after Disneyland security—as well as a janitor, who jumped into the fray—were able to break up the fight. (As if Disneyland employees don’t already have enough to put up with.)
However, the family members involved refused to cooperate with authorities and instead were escorted off Disneyland premises.
But now that authorities have seen the video footage, the case is being reopened and police will work with prosecutors to determine if charges should be filed, such as disturbing the peace, domestic violence, and assault. Not to mention if child protective services should get involved, since this all went down in front of the woman’s screaming and crying daughter.
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up)
- Here’s everything we know about Disney+ so far
- The best movies and TV shows streaming on Disney+
“Any type of violence is inexcusable and will not be tolerated,” Disneyland Resort spokeswoman Liz Jaeger said in an emailed statement. “Those involved were immediately removed from the premises and turned over to the Anaheim Police Department.”
As the video began to go viral, naturally Twitter had to weigh in, as the hashtag #disneylandfight began trending late Monday into Tuesday morning, and people began making jokes and memes.
Others couldn’t get over a local reporter’s literal blow-by-blow coverage of the story:
It’s worth noting that no one was seriously injured in the altercation, so hopefully, these people get whatever help that they need.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.