- Student allegedly posted roommate’s ‘missing’ flyer on Instagram before being charged with her murder Monday 11:45 PM
- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Monday 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Monday 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Monday 1:43 PM
Anaheim police are investigating an incident that took place at Disneyland over the weekend that involved a violent brawl that broke out between several adult members of a family.
The fight was caught on video by a bystander and uploaded to YouTube on Sunday, where it has since been viewed nearly two million times. In the disturbing footage, below, you can see what appears to be the tail-end of a verbal altercation between a man and a woman who are believed to be brother and a sister at the Mickey’s Toontown section of the park on Saturday.
Then, the woman spits in the man’s face and all hell breaks loose.
(You can watch the full video here. Warning: the footage is graphic.)
The man immediately begins pummeling the woman (and anyone else who attempts to intervene) as several other bystanders and family members quickly become involved.
Police eventually arrived at the scene, after Disneyland security—as well as a janitor, who jumped into the fray—were able to break up the fight. (As if Disneyland employees don’t already have enough to put up with.)
However, the family members involved refused to cooperate with authorities and instead were escorted off Disneyland premises.
But now that authorities have seen the video footage, the case is being reopened and police will work with prosecutors to determine if charges should be filed, such as disturbing the peace, domestic violence, and assault. Not to mention if child protective services should get involved, since this all went down in front of the woman’s screaming and crying daughter.
“Any type of violence is inexcusable and will not be tolerated,” Disneyland Resort spokeswoman Liz Jaeger said in an emailed statement. “Those involved were immediately removed from the premises and turned over to the Anaheim Police Department.”
As the video began to go viral, naturally Twitter had to weigh in, as the hashtag #disneylandfight began trending late Monday into Tuesday morning, and people began making jokes and memes.
Others couldn’t get over a local reporter’s literal blow-by-blow coverage of the story:
It’s worth noting that no one was seriously injured in the altercation, so hopefully, these people get whatever help that they need.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.