- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing 2 Weeks Ago
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles 2 Weeks Ago
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
A viral video of a Disneyland family brawl has become subject to memes
The family was escorted out of the amusement park.
Anaheim police are investigating an incident that took place at Disneyland over the weekend that involved a violent brawl that broke out between several adult members of a family.
The fight was caught on video by a bystander and uploaded to YouTube on Sunday, where it has since been viewed nearly two million times. In the disturbing footage, below, you can see what appears to be the tail-end of a verbal altercation between a man and a woman who are believed to be brother and a sister at the Mickey’s Toontown section of the park on Saturday.
Then, the woman spits in the man’s face and all hell breaks loose.
(You can watch the full video here. Warning: the footage is graphic.)
The man immediately begins pummeling the woman (and anyone else who attempts to intervene) as several other bystanders and family members quickly become involved.
Police eventually arrived at the scene, after Disneyland security—as well as a janitor, who jumped into the fray—were able to break up the fight. (As if Disneyland employees don’t already have enough to put up with.)
However, the family members involved refused to cooperate with authorities and instead were escorted off Disneyland premises.
But now that authorities have seen the video footage, the case is being reopened and police will work with prosecutors to determine if charges should be filed, such as disturbing the peace, domestic violence, and assault. Not to mention if child protective services should get involved, since this all went down in front of the woman’s screaming and crying daughter.
“Any type of violence is inexcusable and will not be tolerated,” Disneyland Resort spokeswoman Liz Jaeger said in an emailed statement. “Those involved were immediately removed from the premises and turned over to the Anaheim Police Department.”
As the video began to go viral, naturally Twitter had to weigh in, as the hashtag #disneylandfight began trending late Monday into Tuesday morning, and people began making jokes and memes.
Others couldn’t get over a local reporter’s literal blow-by-blow coverage of the story:
It’s worth noting that no one was seriously injured in the altercation, so hopefully, these people get whatever help that they need.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.