- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
If there’s anything worse than suffering from diarrhea, it’s probably suffering from diarrhea while in a gas station bathroom. But you know what’s worse than that? Suffering from diarrhea in a gas station bathroom while your 4-year-old daughter is in the same stall.
And you know what’s even worse than that? Having that 4-year-old daughter encourage you, count all the number of poops you’re making, and comment on the stench you’re producing.
Welcome to the special hell of Clint Edwards, who posted the story on the No Idea What I’m Doing: A Daddy Blog Facebook page. It’s a story that might make you cringe out of sympathy while pleading to whatever or whomever you pray to that this never, ever happens to you.
As Edwards wrote, his family was on a 12-hour road trip when his bowels began to bark, and though his wife and two older children were in the van while he was in a convenience store with his 4-year-old girl, the urge to go was too intense and he had to bring his daughter inside the stall with him.
[His daughter] Aspen watched as I struggled, Moana light-up crocs on the wrong feet, blue eyes wide and supportive, hands clapping. “Good job, Daddy! Good job! You make two poops! Now three poops! I’m four!”
“Yucky, Daddy. It’s stinky.”
I’m not sure what happened exactly, if I’d eaten something wrong, or if it was the stress of traveling with kids, but what I do know is that my 4yo daughter is the Richard Simmons of pooping. I’ve never felt so supported in anything in my whole life. She commented on the size, smell, and sound. “Wow!” She said. She commented on my work ethic. “You’re trying so hard!” At one point I had to actually push her face away from the business end of things as she clapped and cried “You’re doing it, Daddy! You’re doing it!”
Edwards wrote that even though Aspen sometimes faces potty issues herself, she’s so used to positive reinforcement during her potty training that she gave that encouragement right back to her dad. Especially when she called him a “pooping-farting robot.”
Well done, Chris. And well done, Aspen. And well done to the poor dude one stall over who kept himself somewhat under control while this scene played out next to him.
Read the entire Facebook post below.
We stopped at a gas station in nowhere Oregon, two hours into a 12 hour road trip to a family funeral, when the diarrhea...Posted by No Idea What I'm Doing: A Daddy Blog on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.