- The trailer for the final episodes of ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ is here Today 1:52 AM
- Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette Wednesday 9:23 PM
- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt by straight leaders Wednesday 5:13 PM
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Wednesday 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Wednesday 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Wednesday 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Wednesday 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Wednesday 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Wednesday 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Wednesday 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Wednesday 1:14 PM
Wounded deer goes ham on human who smashed into him with her SUV
This deer didn’t take kindly to the attempted hit-and-run.
A deer was minding his own business on a New Jersey road a couple of Saturdays back when his night suddenly took a turn for the being struck by an SUV. Understandably angry and probably disoriented, he circled back to confront the rude driver who’d hit him.
We know this because a patrolman was passing by at the time and caught the whole thing on his dashcam, and the footage has just been released:
His timing was fortuitous in one way, but unfortunate and kind of hilarious in another. The driver of the SUV, 43-year-old Ellen Sager, was opening her door to speak to the patrolman at the exact time that the deer was charging her vehicle, local Fox affiliate WTFX reported.
So, wham-o, it’s deer vs. human! And the deer briefly won, inflicting his horned vengeance on Sager’s knee. In the end, though, Sager’s injury was minor, while the deer’s proved fatal. The animal “succumbed to its injuries as a result of the impact with the vehicle.”
If it’s any consolation (and, really, it’s not) he died an honorable death on the field of battle and became a viral video star who will be celebrated for as long as one day, depending on the whims of the news cycle.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.