- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season 3 Years Ago
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s 3 Years Ago
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
A deer was minding his own business on a New Jersey road a couple of Saturdays back when his night suddenly took a turn for the being struck by an SUV. Understandably angry and probably disoriented, he circled back to confront the rude driver who’d hit him.
We know this because a patrolman was passing by at the time and caught the whole thing on his dashcam, and the footage has just been released:
His timing was fortuitous in one way, but unfortunate and kind of hilarious in another. The driver of the SUV, 43-year-old Ellen Sager, was opening her door to speak to the patrolman at the exact time that the deer was charging her vehicle, local Fox affiliate WTFX reported.
So, wham-o, it’s deer vs. human! And the deer briefly won, inflicting his horned vengeance on Sager’s knee. In the end, though, Sager’s injury was minor, while the deer’s proved fatal. The animal “succumbed to its injuries as a result of the impact with the vehicle.”
If it’s any consolation (and, really, it’s not) he died an honorable death on the field of battle and became a viral video star who will be celebrated for as long as one day, depending on the whims of the news cycle.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.