- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections Monday 7:22 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes Monday 6:00 PM
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Monday 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Monday 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Monday 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Monday 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Monday 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Monday 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Monday 1:30 PM
- Krassensteins return to Twitter and are immediately suspended Monday 1:01 PM
This rapper tattooed a hashtag on his face
Dappy, known for a song called “No Regrets,” wants to “stay trending 4 ever.”
Naturally, Dappy, known for a song called “No Regrets,” posted a selfie of it to help explain his reasoning: “simply 2 make sure IT stays trending 4 ever.”
And by the way, the reason I got a # Tatted on my FACE was simply 2 make sure IT stays trending 4 ever 😂 pic.twitter.com/AeNfmTFcTS
— Dappy (@TheDappy) April 5, 2014
Sadly, Dappy is not even trending on Twitter, but of course, people are talking about it. How could they not? A few pedants have pointed out that Dappy actually just got the hash symbol tattooed on his face (and not an actual hashtag, e.g. #Dappy), but he’s mainly turned into the butt of people’s jokes.
So Dappy from N-Dubz has had a hashtag tattoo on his face ‘to make sure his face is trending forever’. Not sure I can comprehend this yet…
— Tom Bailey (@Bails_07) April 7, 2014
Dappy from N-Dubz has had a # inked onto his face. I believe it’s known as a ‘[email protected]’.
— James Martin (@Pundamentalism) April 7, 2014
Dappy has done the unthinkable – he has made Twitter uncool. ps. Yes, that IS a hashtag tattoo on his face. pic.twitter.com/0iVWTSD1N9
— Periwinkle Jones (@peachesanscream) April 7, 2014
And with talk that Twitter might get rid of hashtags, Dappy’s tattoo might soon become obsolete.
Also, doesn’t this guy look familiar?
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.