- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
This rapper tattooed a hashtag on his face
Dappy, known for a song called “No Regrets,” wants to “stay trending 4 ever.”
Naturally, Dappy, known for a song called “No Regrets,” posted a selfie of it to help explain his reasoning: “simply 2 make sure IT stays trending 4 ever.”
And by the way, the reason I got a # Tatted on my FACE was simply 2 make sure IT stays trending 4 ever 😂 pic.twitter.com/AeNfmTFcTS
— Dappy (@TheDappy) April 5, 2014
Sadly, Dappy is not even trending on Twitter, but of course, people are talking about it. How could they not? A few pedants have pointed out that Dappy actually just got the hash symbol tattooed on his face (and not an actual hashtag, e.g. #Dappy), but he’s mainly turned into the butt of people’s jokes.
So Dappy from N-Dubz has had a hashtag tattoo on his face ‘to make sure his face is trending forever’. Not sure I can comprehend this yet…
— Tom Bailey (@Bails_07) April 7, 2014
Dappy from N-Dubz has had a # inked onto his face. I believe it’s known as a ‘[email protected]’.
— James Martin (@Pundamentalism) April 7, 2014
Dappy has done the unthinkable – he has made Twitter uncool. ps. Yes, that IS a hashtag tattoo on his face. pic.twitter.com/0iVWTSD1N9
— Periwinkle Jones (@peachesanscream) April 7, 2014
And with talk that Twitter might get rid of hashtags, Dappy’s tattoo might soon become obsolete.
Also, doesn’t this guy look familiar?
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.