- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Thursday 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Thursday 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Thursday 12:36 PM
Daily Fluff: Photographer cat only shoots Canon
Ella touts the autofocus features, which she needs for her work with Sports Illustrated.
Ella the cat doesn’t mess around when it comes to photography equipment. The kitty, who also serves as a sports photographer for Sports Illustrated, will only shoot Canon.
“It’s all about the autofocus,” said Jan Wassner, Ella’s boss at SI. “The Dual Pixel CMOS AF makes for a faster focus speed in the live view. That’s huge when you’re photographing fast-moving action.”
Plus, Ella apparently has a pretty gigantic lens collection, and there’s no good reason to switch to a new — and incompatible — camera body when she’s already so satisfied with Canon.
There are downsides, though. The AF on some of her older lenses can be noisy enough to spook Ella while shooting. She’s lost a few potentially great shots to scary autofocus motors.
Via Alex Fitzpatrick.