- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
This Craigslister dressed up as a middle-aged creep to terrify whoever bought his TV
Naked Craigslist sales are a fine art. Jerry’s might be the funniest one I’ve ever seen.
Jerry’s a normal-looking dude. Jerry also had a TV he didn’t need anymore. So, like you do, he sold it on Craigslist.
His friends came up with a pretty funny idea: Why not shave your head and dress up like Walter White so you freak out the person who buys it? Ha ha, that’d be a surprise.
Except Jerry did them one better. He shaved everything except the sides of his head, so he looked like a baby-faced 40-year-old with male-pattern baldness. He even grew out his mustache a little, too.
And then he put on this outfit:
And when the buyer contacted him for a photo, he sent over a little more than just the TV.
Amazingly, it seems to have worked. The buyer must have really, really needed a TV.
His friend, using the screenname mustacheenvy, posted the whole saga to Reddit. “My friend decided to sell his TV on Craigslist and this is what happened,” he wrote. But several mysteries remain: Did the sale go through? Did Jerry keep his amazing new haircut?
Also, because everything on the Internet is a hoax, could this be fake? Easily. No doubt. The “buyer” could be the friend who posted Jerry on Reddit. I asked mustacheenvy for the original ad and the rest of the story.
Naked Craigslist sales are a fine art. Jerry’s might be the funniest one I’ve ever seen. This weird dude with a keyboard comes close, though.
Photos via Reddit/Imgur
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.