- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs 5 Years Ago
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Today 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Today 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Today 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Today 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
Despite the multitude of horrors and tragedies that police dashcams have captured recently, not every traffic stop ends poorly. From the cop who gifted a high schooler with tickets to her favorite band’s concert to the police department of Lowell, Mich., handing out presents instead of tickets, those who are sworn to protect and serve seem to find new ways to surprise unsuspecting citizens.
But perhaps no one was more taken aback after being pulled over for a broken tail light than Sara Wolff. The girlfriend of Galveston Police Officer Gregory Parris thought she would be let off with a warning or at most a ticket, but thanks to some help from his friends at the stations, Officer Parris had a lot more in store.
Houston’s KOHU.com reports that “With a straight face, the officer told her she had outstanding warrants. He asked her to get out of the car. A lieutenant shows up to sort through it all and calls Ofc. Parris to make his move.”
Being the romantic he is, Office Parrish declined to have his fianceé waiting for him in handcuffs when he arrived on the scene, though another office offered.
Parris’ proposal was met with a resounding yes, and it’s a good thing it was, too. “She might have gone to jail otherwise,” Parris told the news station, jokingly. The future Mrs. Gregory Parris, overjoyed in the moment, went on to say, “I can’t imagine being proposed to any better than that. It was perfect for us.”
While we can list a whole slew of nerdy, Notebook-inspired, and heartfelt proposals that might have been a little less scary, we’re glad the couple is happy. It just goes to show you there really is someone out there for everyone!
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.