- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman 3 Years Ago
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch 3 Years Ago
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
The most innovative butt plugs on the market are being sold by GlowFYourself on Etsy
The artist behind the USB butt plug is back with even more offerings.
Portland-based artist Jesse Lindsay has built up an empire making provocative, multi-use sex toys.
Lindsay first got our attention when his USB butt plug hit Etsy. He’s moved onto even more innovative pursuits in the field of butt plug manufacturing, allowing anal fans the ability to play beer pong with their butt plug, show support of their favorite presidential candidate, and even predict their futures. The Magic 8 Ball butt plug is one of Lindsay’s most popular items.
“We’ve recently put together some brand new stuff such as the Booty Pop, which is a reusable Popsicle mold/butt plug and the Booty Binky,” Lindsay tells the Daily Dot. “Ironically, a GPS one is in the works now. We plan on releasing it next week, and the write-up alone makes me super happy.”
Not all butt plug ideas make it from concept to product. Lindsay’s got a Swiss army knife butt plug prototype sitting in design purgatory until he can acquire the right tools to make the sex toy not only usable but safe.
A conscientious artist, Lindsay takes commissions and has designed and donated funds to a wide variety of charities around the Portland area, including no-kill animal shelters.
“The only issue we have run into is that a lot of people are skittish about using sex toys to raise awareness for such things. ‘Buy a butt plug to cure cancer’ has an odd ring to it among the day walkers,” Lindsay says with a laugh.
Custom designs have run the gamut from slogans and cartoons to the more curious of orders. “The guy who asked for a photo of his dead mother’s face in a large plug is probably the strangest so far,” Lindsay says.
GlowFYourself is just one of many artistic endeavors for Lindsay, a freelance artist who works in costuming, design, and illustration. His more surrealist, post-apocalyptic works are available for viewing on his personal website, while an additional Etsy shop has been set up to showcase his illustrations for purchase.
The impetus for Lindsay’s foray into the sex toy industry goes back to an idea we were all thinking but too afraid to execute: the lightsaber dildo. Though sadly now retired from his Etsy store, Lindsay says he still breaks out the phallic weaponry on occasion.
“I get a lot of requests for them for adult-themed ‘Space Parties’ and still have a huge box of light-up dong swords at the house, but haven’t been pushing them much as of late,” Lindsay says. “But do keep in mind, it’s dangerous to go alone, and I’m always down to weaponize and light up some sex toys!”
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.