- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products 1 Year Ago
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities 1 Year Ago
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video 1 Year Ago
- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet Today 9:16 AM
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ Today 9:10 AM
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate Today 9:00 AM
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
You’ve heard of Bowsette, the Princess Peach-Bowser crossover character of the internet’s dreams. You’ve seen the many Nintendo fan creations she’s inspired. But have stopped to wonder what she might sound like if she actually existed? Would she sound as menacing as she looks?
Wonder no more, internet. Bowsette hasn’t suddenly materialized, but the next best thing has happened—someone gave her a voice!
Voice actor Ray Chase, who you might recognize as the voice behind Final Fantasy XV’s princely protagonist Noctis Lucis Caelum, tweeted that Bowsette now “has a voice.” Chase and his actress girlfriend, Julia McIlvaine, wrote several lines that she read, and the audio was posted with an awesome piece of Bowsette fan art. The result? It has to be heard to be believed.
The clip includes lines like this:
“Well, well, Mario. Something gone wrong with your pipes?”
“It’s-a me, Bowsette!”
“I could eat a peach for hours.”
“Oh, come on, boys! I’m not bad, I’m just drawn that way!” (We stan an awesome Jessica Rabbit line.)
Understandably, Bowsette fans are shook.
"I can eat a peach for hours."— Codename (@Codename_tpk) September 27, 2018
Holy shit was I laughing my ass of when I heard that. Thanks Nicholas Cage for such a great line. Was it you or your wife who thought up that line? pic.twitter.com/T37NHYa7qE
I absolutely LOVE this!!— Danielle McRae (@DanielleMcVO) September 27, 2018
Wow! Tell your girl this...😉 pic.twitter.com/kleuLUCl9s— DontzPool (@DontzSenpai) September 26, 2018
So I get she’s your girlfriend, but uh...is her voice single? pic.twitter.com/yLluTRAsJV— Taytay and 102 others (@taytaylikeaboss) September 27, 2018
I'm scaroused.— Jared (@XiroInfinity) September 26, 2018
I’m accepting this as canon and no one can stop me pic.twitter.com/tNn6f8eOCw— Sir Nutting Noctis @ DISTANT WORLDS FINAL FANTASY (@BBQSerenade) September 26, 2018
Out of everything that came out recently related to Bowsette, this is... really outstanding. This voice actually sounds like it would fit withing the Mario series. I'm quite stunned, really.— Daniel T. Gaming (@Daniel_T_1985) September 26, 2018
That Jessica Rabbit line killed me pic.twitter.com/Rbp5Q2PjLO— Sound (@s0undpr0of) September 27, 2018
This is actually what I thought she would sound like!! What...What is this feeling...I don't whether to feel happy that someone finally did this, scared that I'm gonna be hearing her voice in my head for now, or aroused by her voice. This woman, she's a keeper. DON'T LOSE HER!! pic.twitter.com/kHer8I45JJ— Hitomu (@DjDreamer803) September 26, 2018
You might actually recognize McIlvaine’s voice if you grew up watching a lot of cartoons, particularly on Nickelodeon. She voiced the animated June on the hilarious KaBlam! Who knew the woman behind that silly character would have a voice totally fit for Bowsette?
OK, Nintendo, here’s some advice: First, you’ve got to acknowledge Bowsette as a thing. She is not going away. Next, you need to get McIlvaine on board to voice Bowsette in any and all upcoming Mario games.
Oh my god, this is amazing. Julia is wonderfully talented!— Boo-nilla Spoop-Fleuret (@penumbranilla) September 26, 2018
Good Lord, she really nailed the evil laugh.— ThatRandomSpriter (@ThatRndmSpriter) September 26, 2018
The fans have spoken, and you wouldn’t want to disappoint them now, would you?
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.