- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Friday 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Friday 10:03 AM
It seems lots of folks are unenthusiastic about the early-2000s jean trend coming back around. Naturally, they expressed their dissatisfaction on Twitter.
Suddenly feeling pessimistic about 2019 https://t.co/XGzFpLPFaj— Katie Roof (@Katie_Roof) December 3, 2018
boot cut jeans are not even cut in the shape of a boot????? they are cut in the shapes of ugly legs— toni (@4apfelmus) December 3, 2018
Bootcut jeans or sex. You can't have both. pic.twitter.com/FlfnvXFesq— hoskas (@hoskas) December 3, 2018
ladies imagine ur #1 ideal man. now imagine ur #2 ideal man. ur #45 ideal man. none of them are wearing bootcut jeans are they— jake (@callmeshitto) December 3, 2018
There is simply no place for boot cut jeans in this world— Liam Milner (@overpoe69) December 3, 2018
Even the model posing in the jeans doesn’t look too psyched.
this poor guy does not look happy about wearing bootcut jeans pic.twitter.com/8Txp3Img6u— annie black (@helloannieblack) December 3, 2018
Twitter user @Lexilo asserted the pants in question weren’t bootcut jeans at all.
These are definitely flare jeans these are not boot cut jeans the ppl of Texas will not take this slander https://t.co/XIl8LftDGy— Alexa (@Lexilo) December 3, 2018
And one person asked if the post was tweeted by boot cut jeans.
did a bootcut jean tweet this https://t.co/BuRc4Hu38V— Matt Ellentuck (@mellentuck) December 3, 2018
According to GQ, Balenciaga designer Demna Gvasalia featured bootcut jeans in the brand’s spring lookbook. Men are wearing more adventurous pants in 2018, the article states, experimenting with “wavy pleated trousers” and “contemporary cargo pants.” So the question is: Are men and women really ready for boot cut jeans?
Twitter says a resounding “no.”
Bootcut jeans are making a comeback pic.twitter.com/Rrlw22Pb5J— Patrick Monahan (@pattymo) December 3, 2018
Finally. pic.twitter.com/2KwEjlu9WS— Rum Ham (@drewgatlin) December 3, 2018
When your girl surprises you with bootcut jeans for Christmas pic.twitter.com/kDStdunxQV— m o d . (@ahmaad___) December 3, 2018
Yeah votes are in pic.twitter.com/noa4PSbhhR— Oscar m Borrego (@Micboneks) December 3, 2018
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.