- Sling TV Latino es esencial para quienes están hartos de la televisión por cable 7 Months Ago
- Daenerys’ passive-aggressive smile is a very relatable meme Tuesday 11:18 PM
- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem (updated) Tuesday 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Tuesday 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Tuesday 2:24 PM
All hail Bongo Cat.
All hail Bongo Cat, the latest meme from the depths of Twitter. It’s all in the name, really. Bongo Cat started life as a gif of a cat (made by Twitter user @StrayRogue) slapping his little paws down on a table, as if to play the bongos, which is exactly what Twitter user @DitzyFlam did.
— DitzyFlama (@DitzyFlama) May 7, 2018
The internet wasted absolutely no time in applying Bongo Cat to more and more ridiculous parodies. There’s an assortment of classic rock songs to enjoy, complete with visual effects.
bongo cat plays toto africa pic.twitter.com/GZNDOTtBmg
— Mishy (@mishy_the_sheep) September 13, 2018
bongo my cat all day pic.twitter.com/MWIhKjVUnW
— davemakes 🌌🚄 (@davemakes) September 14, 2018
— DitzyFlama (@DitzyFlama) September 10, 2018
— DitzyFlama (@DitzyFlama) September 9, 2018
There’s also a parody of “We Are Number One” from the kids show LazyTown.
— DitzyFlama (@DitzyFlama) September 13, 2018
Of course, a meme wouldn’t be complete without plenty of video game music parodies, and Bongo Cat has plenty to choose from. Here’s some of the best.
gotta catch ‘em all pic.twitter.com/6kJQoiA3ru
— Aidan (@Kooleyy__) September 14, 2018
There are some solid tracks from the Legend of Zelda games.
— Cojora (@Cojora1) September 14, 2018
— Nimelya (@Nimelya) September 13, 2018
As well as the Nintendo Wii theme.
— Nimelya (@Nimelya) September 11, 2018
There’s also a song from the weird anime JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures.
— Bryce (@Brooce_) September 15, 2018
And then, of course, there’s the really weird, meme-within-a-meme material. First up on the block is this parody of Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey.
— dark (@dark_decay) September 12, 2018
Here’s Bongo Cat struggling to reach his own bongos.
— Unusual Videos 🤔 (@UnusualVideos) September 14, 2018
And here’s Bongo Cat getting whipped.
— Akfamilyhome (@akfamilyhomeak) September 13, 2018
Every school kid’s worst nightmare.
— Couscous Agha (@Nagaharu0) September 13, 2018
— Léo-Paul @ au lycée ptn (@Leo_PaulYT) September 14, 2018
And perhaps my personal favorite, Bongo Cat meets Screaming Cowboy.
— SuperManri (@SupahManri) September 14, 2018
Correction: Stanley Kubrick was the director of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.