- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
- Tweets from Sanders supporters are terrifying the establishment Monday 10:15 AM
- Zuckerberg says he supports 1 bill in Congress that would regulate Facebook Monday 10:11 AM
Here are the craziest videos of Black Friday 2014 fights
So far! Who knows what new treasures the day will hold?
Every year, news organizations and consumer groups report on Black Friday fights that make a Wild West saloon brawl look tame. Normal people understand not to go shopping on the morning of Black Friday, but large numbers of Americans do it despite the risks to life and limb. Inevitably, fights break out, bodies and HDTVs are broken, and Americans end up looking stupid, as if the consumer electronics over which they are scrambling are limited quantities of basic foodstuffs airlifted in by the United Nations.
The only upside to Black Friday for those of us sitting out the madness is the fact that, whenever a fight breaks out, at least one person will be conscientious enough to record it. Here are some of our favorite YouTube videos and vines from this year’s Black Friday.
The Black Friday madness has even metastasized from the United States to the United Kingdom.
And here is a series of videos from one Asda retailer in the United Kingdom. (Asda, interestingly enough, is owned by Walmart, even though it operates primarily in the U.K.)
Photo via powhusku/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.