- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 2 Weeks Ago
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Today 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Today 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Today 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Today 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
From selling her own bathwater to duping her fans into thinking she would create a Pornhub account and then a new Patreon account after that, Belle Delphine is a certified master troll. So it’s no surprise that when Delphine came out of incognito to announce that she was arrested in the U.K., a few eyebrows were raised.
Delphine has been laying low as of late. She was banned from Instagram after a mass reporting campaign (she’s back now), and then she took some time to recover from a bad bout of food poisoning.
Yet on Monday, Delphine popped back up on everyone’s radar to announce that she was arrested, and she had the mugshot to prove it–complete with smeared mascara and a metropolitan police watermark.
I got arrested lol pic.twitter.com/11GJXHpLqF— Belle Delphine (@bunnydelphine) October 7, 2019
Speculation is rife about the details surrounding her arrest. Some think she was arrested for tax fraud, while others believe it has more to do with her bathwater shenanigans.
“This is what happens when you poison half the nation with your bathwater,” Twitter user @nopeifyaltalt wrote.
Tax fraud I'm guessing— Sighing Profusely (@SighinProfusely) October 7, 2019
this is what happens when you poison half the nation with your bath water— nopeify (@nopeifyaltalt) October 7, 2019
Bathwater killed a bunch of people huh?— Cryonicus (@Cryonicus) October 7, 2019
good morning everyone, belle delphine got arrested for tax fraud lmao— beef expert chris, new account (@finnabowski) October 7, 2019
Twitter user @OMGIJ252 joked that Tekashi 69 outed her as a gang member, yielding the only response from Delphine thus far. “Delete this now,” Delphine wrote.
Delete this now— Belle Delphine (@bunnydelphine) October 7, 2019
Mashable and the Gamer pointed out that she might have even faked her own mugshot in an attempt to elaborate on comedian h3h3’s conspiracy theory that the reason she vanished from the internet was because she got in trouble with the Royal Mail over her bathwater stint (you cannot ship bodily fluids through the Royal Mail).
Just a quick reminder that the police in the UK don’t release mugshots until someone has been sentenced at Magistrates/Crown Court. This Belle Delphine mugshot is about as real as her bathwater stunt. #belledelphine— Why All The Anger? (@WhyAllTheAnger) October 7, 2019
The Daily Dot has reached out to Belle Delphine.
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign
- No, people aren’t getting herpes from drinking Belle Delphine’s bathwater
- YouTubers are buying Belle Delphine’s bathwater—here’s what they’re doing with it
- Instagram model Belle Delphine is selling her own bathwater–trolling fans again
Siobhan Ball is a historian, archivist, and journalist. She also writes for Autostraddle and bi.org