- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage 5 Years Ago
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Today 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Today 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Today 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
Leaked documents show that the NSA is spying on every phone call in the Bahamas. Here’s what the locals think about it.
I was lucky enough to go to the Bahamas to investigate a random piece of information intercepted by Edward Snowden that suggests the National Security Agency is spying on each and every phone call in the country. Meeting some activists, opposition leaders, fashionistas and local radio kings, Bahamians told me overall they’re pretty furious about the whole thing.
“U.S. is surveilling the whole world,” Ryan Pinder, the Bahamas’ minister of finance, said with a shrug. ”I’m not too worried about it.”
The drone shots in the film were mastered by cameraman Tom Bell.
Screengrab via RT/YouTube
Nimrod Kamer is a journalist and satirist based in the U.K. whose work has appeared in the GQ, Vice, Wired, the Guardian and Huffington Post, as well as on BBC Newsnight. He is the author of The Social Climber's Handbook: A Shameless Guide.