- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate 4 Years Ago
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
Pregnancy announcement videos can be nauseatingly cutesy, but one couple decided to do something different: They made their announcement video into a horror movie trailer.
Judy and Gavin Holt begin their announcement in typical home-movie style, smiling together outside their home. But soon enough, things turn sour. Ominous music begins to play in the background, and gradually, they begin to realize that they’re not alone in the house.
“I can feel it grow inside of me,” says Judy. “What’s happening to me?”
The dramatic references to Prego pasta sauce and a bun in the oven are what make this video art.
Screengrab via Gavin Holt/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor