- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast 2 Years Ago
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Today 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Today 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Today 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Today 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
Twitter user @jesse21valona seems to have stumbled on something major when he slowed down his copy of 25 by Adele. He felt that, at the right speed, it sounded like the song was being sung by well-known British singer, Sam Smith.
But you don’t have to take his word for it. Judge for yourself.
Did you know that when you slow down Adele it’s actually Sam Smith pic.twitter.com/SysXOoQgZY— jesse (@jesse21valona) February 5, 2018
Just to keep things scientific, Jesse even made sure to provide a second example.
Example B pic.twitter.com/OjYxKsqJx0— jesse (@jesse21valona) February 7, 2018
People seemed to agree that the resemblance was uncanny.
WHAT WHAT IS THIS MAGIC— lucky//ethen (@Nutella_phan) February 6, 2018
I will never be the same— Connor Bass (@ConnorBass_) February 5, 2018
It all adds up. I just googled to find a picture of them together. There is non! pic.twitter.com/GcWXb1fme1— Mubzy (@Mubzy) February 6, 2018
As soon as my brain recognises his voice...... pic.twitter.com/kbpVSEiOnW— eretria (@Shyyywah) February 6, 2018
It’s interesting to note that this experiment does not seem to work in reverse.
Although it did leave people wondering what other singers would match up if you changed the speed of their records.
now somebody gotta speed up Halsey and see if it's actually Justin Bieber— Oğuzhan Şen (@ogzhnsen) February 6, 2018
And then who it gonna be when we speed up bieber— Devin☁️ (@caucasiantwink) February 6, 2018
Dr. Phil sped up would be shrek— Gabriel Tan (@gtan99) February 7, 2018
Did you know that when you slow down Nicki Minaj it’s actually Jay-Z pic.twitter.com/mMPQDw1AER— JR (@TheGnarlyGoat) February 7, 2018
Of course, the important question is will this with work with the Lionel Richie version?
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.