- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Prada’s $185 paper clip is just what you need to get your life together
Stop holding your papers together with a regular paper clip like you’re some sort of peasant.
Do you feel disorganized? Like your life just isn’t coming together the way you always planned? Well in 1867, a man named Samuel Faye patented a little invention that might be just what you need. It’s called a paper clip, and usually, you can get around 100 of them for $3.
But maybe you’re past the point were something so cheap and trivial can help you. A $3 box of paperclips is not going to solve all your problems. It’s time to get serious. Instead of buying 100 cheap paper clips, what you need to buy is one really expensive paper clip. Luckily, Barneys New York has you covered. For $185 they will sell you a really, really nice paper clip.
It’s made by Prada, a leader in the field of organizational tools. In fact, Prada is probably best known for their bags, which are so good at holding stuff they cost $3,000.
The clip is made of sterling silver, the ideal metal for holding two pieces of paper together. It’s also 6.25cm x 2.25cm, which is pretty big for a paper clip. In fact it’s being sold as a “Paperclip-Shaped Money Clip” which might be Prada’s idea of a joke.
For $185, here’s what this thing should be able to hold together:
- A muffler and your rusty tailpipe
- Your failing marriage
- Your sanity
- The Democratic party
If the price seems a bit steep, do keep in mind shipping is free. Or, if you’re feeling super cheap, you can do what poor people who want cereal have done for years, and buy the store brand. Barneys also offers their own paper clip for a mere $150.
Just don’t come crying to us when the Queen laughs you out of her garden party.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.