- Trump posting altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer 2 Years Ago
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream 2 Years Ago
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Today 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Today 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Today 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Today 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Today 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Today 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Today 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Today 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Today 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Today 9:40 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
Prada’s $185 paper clip is just what you need to get your life together
Stop holding your papers together with a regular paper clip like you’re some sort of peasant.
Do you feel disorganized? Like your life just isn’t coming together the way you always planned? Well in 1867, a man named Samuel Faye patented a little invention that might be just what you need. It’s called a paper clip, and usually, you can get around 100 of them for $3.
But maybe you’re past the point were something so cheap and trivial can help you. A $3 box of paperclips is not going to solve all your problems. It’s time to get serious. Instead of buying 100 cheap paper clips, what you need to buy is one really expensive paper clip. Luckily, Barneys New York has you covered. For $185 they will sell you a really, really nice paper clip.
It’s made by Prada, a leader in the field of organizational tools. In fact, Prada is probably best known for their bags, which are so good at holding stuff they cost $3,000.
The clip is made of sterling silver, the ideal metal for holding two pieces of paper together. It’s also 6.25cm x 2.25cm, which is pretty big for a paper clip. In fact it’s being sold as a “Paperclip-Shaped Money Clip” which might be Prada’s idea of a joke.
For $185, here’s what this thing should be able to hold together:
- A muffler and your rusty tailpipe
- Your failing marriage
- Your sanity
- The Democratic party
If the price seems a bit steep, do keep in mind shipping is free. Or, if you’re feeling super cheap, you can do what poor people who want cereal have done for years, and buy the store brand. Barneys also offers their own paper clip for a mere $150.
Just don’t come crying to us when the Queen laughs you out of her garden party.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.