- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Friday 8:34 AM
Prada’s $185 paper clip is just what you need to get your life together
Stop holding your papers together with a regular paper clip like you’re some sort of peasant.
Do you feel disorganized? Like your life just isn’t coming together the way you always planned? Well in 1867, a man named Samuel Faye patented a little invention that might be just what you need. It’s called a paper clip, and usually, you can get around 100 of them for $3.
But maybe you’re past the point were something so cheap and trivial can help you. A $3 box of paperclips is not going to solve all your problems. It’s time to get serious. Instead of buying 100 cheap paper clips, what you need to buy is one really expensive paper clip. Luckily, Barneys New York has you covered. For $185 they will sell you a really, really nice paper clip.
It’s made by Prada, a leader in the field of organizational tools. In fact, Prada is probably best known for their bags, which are so good at holding stuff they cost $3,000.
The clip is made of sterling silver, the ideal metal for holding two pieces of paper together. It’s also 6.25cm x 2.25cm, which is pretty big for a paper clip. In fact it’s being sold as a “Paperclip-Shaped Money Clip” which might be Prada’s idea of a joke.
For $185, here’s what this thing should be able to hold together:
- A muffler and your rusty tailpipe
- Your failing marriage
- Your sanity
- The Democratic party
If the price seems a bit steep, do keep in mind shipping is free. Or, if you’re feeling super cheap, you can do what poor people who want cereal have done for years, and buy the store brand. Barneys also offers their own paper clip for a mere $150.
Just don’t come crying to us when the Queen laughs you out of her garden party.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.