- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Thursday 10:30 AM
Facebook users accuse Victoria’s Secret of massive “Photoshop fail”
Did Victoria’s Secret go overboard with Photoshop, or is model Lais Ribeiro just that skinny? Either way, Facebook users aren’t happy.
Every day, the Daily Dot finds something that people on Facebook are sharing and, in turn, shares it with you—with a little explanation. Here’s today’s share.
To be fair, Lais Ribeiro is a Victoria’s Secret lingerie model. That’s a subsection of humanity that tends to be pretty thin.
But thousands of Facebook users are crying foul over an ad featuring Ribeiro in a somewhat awkward pose, with her arms crossed in front of her right hip. They say it was clearly Photoshopped to make her appear even skinnier.
“Looks like photoshop mistake,” posted Linh Nguyen. “This looks creepy.”
“biggest photoshop fail i have ever seen,” wrote Christian Jean-Louis.
The photo was featured on the popular Photoshop critique site Photoshop Disasters, which accused Victoria’s Secret of making Ribeiro look “like some kind of lanky alien/insect.”
On the other hand, the website Fashionista ran a side-by-side comparison of other photos of Ribeiro, presenting a compelling case that it’s possible that’s what she looks like in such a pose.
Even if that’s the case, though, some Facebook users aren’t pleased to see anyone with so little body fat being promoted. So far, 28 people have made a variation on the “she needs to eat a burger” joke.
Xiomara Cedeño is one of them.
“Can someone give her a burger please!! Lol,” she wrote.
Photo via Facebook
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.