- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Friday 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Friday 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Friday 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Friday 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Friday 10:48 AM
Facebook users accuse Victoria’s Secret of massive “Photoshop fail”
Did Victoria’s Secret go overboard with Photoshop, or is model Lais Ribeiro just that skinny? Either way, Facebook users aren’t happy.
Every day, the Daily Dot finds something that people on Facebook are sharing and, in turn, shares it with you—with a little explanation. Here’s today’s share.
To be fair, Lais Ribeiro is a Victoria’s Secret lingerie model. That’s a subsection of humanity that tends to be pretty thin.
But thousands of Facebook users are crying foul over an ad featuring Ribeiro in a somewhat awkward pose, with her arms crossed in front of her right hip. They say it was clearly Photoshopped to make her appear even skinnier.
“Looks like photoshop mistake,” posted Linh Nguyen. “This looks creepy.”
“biggest photoshop fail i have ever seen,” wrote Christian Jean-Louis.
The photo was featured on the popular Photoshop critique site Photoshop Disasters, which accused Victoria’s Secret of making Ribeiro look “like some kind of lanky alien/insect.”
On the other hand, the website Fashionista ran a side-by-side comparison of other photos of Ribeiro, presenting a compelling case that it’s possible that’s what she looks like in such a pose.
Even if that’s the case, though, some Facebook users aren’t pleased to see anyone with so little body fat being promoted. So far, 28 people have made a variation on the “she needs to eat a burger” joke.
Xiomara Cedeño is one of them.
“Can someone give her a burger please!! Lol,” she wrote.
Photo via Facebook
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.