- PewDiePie calls Lilly Singh an ‘idiot’ for wondering why female YouTubers aren’t top earners 6 Years Ago
- Jack Dorsey had an amazing birthday in Myanmar, where social media enabled genocide 6 Years Ago
- Peter Griffin eulogizes Carrie Fisher’s character on ‘Family Guy’ 6 Years Ago
- Trump can’t spell ‘smoking’ in latest tweet attacking Russia probe Today 8:25 AM
- Subtle Asian Traits brings wave of culture-specific memes to Facebook Today 8:00 AM
- The ‘universal language’ of Esperanto is thriving on the internet Today 7:30 AM
- NASA is helping Marvel rescue Tony Stark from space Today 7:07 AM
- Swipe This! My ex is thriving on Instagram—and it’s making me miserable Today 6:30 AM
- What life is like inside the right-wing Twitter bubble Today 6:30 AM
- The best Spanish movies on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Gavin McInnes is out at Blaze Media Sunday 7:07 PM
- Anthony Scaramucci praised QAnon during American Priorities conference Sunday 5:44 PM
- Report: FBI investigating fake net neutrality comments Sunday 4:36 PM
- The first professional U.S. transgender boxer just won his first fight Sunday 2:18 PM
- Twitch streamer apparently hits partner on video Sunday 1:45 PM
Facebook users accuse Victoria’s Secret of massive “Photoshop fail”
Did Victoria’s Secret go overboard with Photoshop, or is model Lais Ribeiro just that skinny? Either way, Facebook users aren’t happy.
Every day, the Daily Dot finds something that people on Facebook are sharing and, in turn, shares it with you—with a little explanation. Here’s today’s share.
To be fair, Lais Ribeiro is a Victoria’s Secret lingerie model. That’s a subsection of humanity that tends to be pretty thin.
But thousands of Facebook users are crying foul over an ad featuring Ribeiro in a somewhat awkward pose, with her arms crossed in front of her right hip. They say it was clearly Photoshopped to make her appear even skinnier.
“Looks like photoshop mistake,” posted Linh Nguyen. “This looks creepy.”
“biggest photoshop fail i have ever seen,” wrote Christian Jean-Louis.
The photo was featured on the popular Photoshop critique site Photoshop Disasters, which accused Victoria’s Secret of making Ribeiro look “like some kind of lanky alien/insect.”
On the other hand, the website Fashionista ran a side-by-side comparison of other photos of Ribeiro, presenting a compelling case that it’s possible that’s what she looks like in such a pose.
Even if that’s the case, though, some Facebook users aren’t pleased to see anyone with so little body fat being promoted. So far, 28 people have made a variation on the “she needs to eat a burger” joke.
Xiomara Cedeño is one of them.
“Can someone give her a burger please!! Lol,” she wrote.
Photo via Facebook
A former senior politics reporter for the Daily Dot, Kevin Collier focuses on privacy, cybersecurity, and issues of importance to the open internet. Since leaving the Daily Dot in March 2016, he has served as a reporter for Vocativ and a cybersecurity correspondent for BuzzFeed.