- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Today 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Today 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Today 9:59 AM
- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay Today 9:11 AM
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? Today 9:03 AM
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day Today 8:54 AM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world Today 8:45 AM
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
The Daily Dot honors No Shave November with a contest
Ready to go from clean-shaven to lumberjack? The Daily Dot is looking for Tumblr users eschewing razors this month.
It’s No Shave November and thousands of people on Tumblr and Twitter are picking up their smartphones and putting down their razors.
The rules, according to the No Shave November website, are simple: Men and women do not “shave their beards or legs (respectively) for the entire month of November.”
The worldwide event is typically done for fun but is closely affiliated with Movember, a charitable campaign that encourages men to grown out their moustaches to “raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men.”
On Twitter, the event has been a worldwide trending topic all day, collecting more than 45,000 mentions from people who were, by turns, disgusted, excited, or confused by the event, according to Topsy, a social-media search engine.
“No shave november? ima have a forest by the time december rolls around,” tweeted @bieberseminem.
On Tumblr, the event was welcomed with open arms and clean cheeks by dozens of male users eager to show off their facial fortitude.
Which is where the Daily Dot comes in.
For the next month, the Daily Dot will be following 47 different Tumblr users partaking in the event. Each Friday we will update our list to see how everyone is doing. On Nov. 30 we will decide who grew the best facial hair according, but not limited, to the following criteria:
- How long your beard is
- How regular your Tumblr updates (with photos) are
- How dramatic your face looks with a beard
(We searched for women flashing their clean-shaven legs, but didn’t find any. If you’d like to be considered for a special ladies’ no-shave prize, tweet your Tumblr address at me.)
Here’s the list of Tumblr blogs we’ll follow. And out of solidarity with our Tumblr breathren, a handful of Dotters will be growing out their facial hair too. Keep an eye out on our official Tumblr blog for updates.
- The angels have the phone box
- Insert cunning title here
- You may say I’m a dreamer, I’m not
- Sync with me
- Push the limits
- The laboratory
- Beefcake Pantyhose
- Doctor Hipster’s Office
- Last chance to back out
- Just a man and his dogs
- Quentin the man
- Don’t Blink(182) Cuz You Might Just Miss It
- El tumblr de Blake
- If life is but a dream, what shall we wake up to?
- Get Bofucked
- Hi, It’s Jared
- Like the thing Batman drives now
- Anunt Singh
- Alone for now
- Hail to the king, baby
- Don’t look back
- Are you master of your domain?
- Saint and Sinner
- No shave November
- Gone With The Wind
- What’s up Nathan
- Sandi Seal Says
- What could ever stop us?
- My favorite words
- The New Kid on The Block
- Death League
- The beard adventures
- Mark just owned your face
- Pop Scenesters
- Benjamin Undirected
- Carlos Monroy
- Lights out Poughkeepsie
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.