- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free 6 Years Ago
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Today 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Today 6:00 AM
- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
This guy got 1 million likes, which means he’s about to get laid
It only took 18 hours and 1 million likes, but in that time, Norway’s Petter Kverneng went from hopeless to hopeful to downright ecstatic.
It only took 18 hours and 1 million likes, but in that time, Norway’s Petter Kverneng went from hopeless to hopeful to downright ecstatic. That’s because Petter Kverneng has now been granted the opportunity to sleep with a girl who’s long since held him in the friendzone—and he’s got Facebook to thank.
Kverneng, 20, and his 19-year-old friend Cathrine Johansen have known each other since high school, when the two were part of the same big group. They were always friends—nothing more, nothing ever. Anything else has long been strictly out of the realm of possibility.
On Thursday, the two friends were hanging out with several others when the conversation shifted to this week’s story about the girls who raised 1 million Facebook likes and forced their dad’s hand to buy the family a dog. The friends started spinning ideas of all the things they’d do if they were to raise 1 million Facebook likes, and the conversation naturally led its way to sex.
Within minutes, Kverneng and Johansen had drawn up an offer and snapped a photo for the testing: The two would sleep together if their photo could nab a hefty million.
The two posted the photo onto Kverneng’s Facebook account that night. When they woke up, they realized how quickly the Internet can make a silly thing spread.
Kverneng’s Facebook post eclipsed the million-like mark only 18 hours after the two finished putting quotation marks around the “likes” on their poster. Kverneng spoke with local press when the likes count was closer to 500,000, saying that he expects the arrangement to go through as planned.
“It began as a joke, but now we’ll take it seriously,” he said. “We must of course keep what we promise.”
To which Johansen was a bit more reserved.
“We need to see if it reaches 1 million,” she said in response.
That part’s said and done. Here’s hoping the two end up working something out.
Photo via Petter Kverneng/Facebook
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.