- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Today 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Today 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Today 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Today 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
Our favorite One Direction fan reactions to Louis and Zayn’s Twitter fight
‘IT’S FINALS WEEK, I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR THIS S**T.’
It was the subtweet war heard around the world—and we’ve got the distraught Directioner reactions to prove it.
Say it ain’t so! How did we come to this?
Earlier today former One Direction heartthrob Zayn Malik dropped jaws instantly when he dished out this stunningly pissy tweet to his former bandmate, Louis Tomlinson:
Woah. The tweet was ostensibly an overreaction to what seemed like an equally passive-aggressive tweet from Tomlinson about a bad filter on a photo that Malik’s friend, British producer Naughty Boy, shared earlier today.
Remember when you were 12 and you used to think those Mac filters for your pictures were cool haha ! Some people still do HA!
— Louis Tomlinson (@Louis_Tomlinson) May 6, 2015
However, the 1D experts at Sugarscape speculated that it’s likely Naughty Boy’s dig, “Replace this,” was in reference to a recent Instagram by fellow band member Liam Payne, a lighthearted reference to finding a new fifth member:
But today’s explosive tweet from Malik has been building for a long time, mainly because Tomlinson and Naughty Boy have been at odds over Malik ever since he left the band in March. (And yes, we know it must be angst central for all you Zouis shippers out there!) It turns out that Louis’s tweet was just one of a whole series of tweets that took place between them both earlier today—tweets that had some fans accusing Naughty Boy of hacking Malik’s account and posting for him.
Most Directioners were deeply upset at Malik. Apparently, leaving the band has won him no love with his once-loyal fans.
Basically all of it’s a messy mess and they grown men and shouldn’t be fighting over the Internet period it’s sloppy and now I’m sad there are no winners there is no sides we all dyin out here MAY 6 FOREVER IN OUR MEMORIES — tylerobrosey
Everyone was hyping up that Mayweather fight but this Zaughty vs Louis was the real fight right here. – b-almighty
Still, we don’t think Zayn should be blamed for causing drama—especially since he probably wanted to leave behind the endless drama of life as a One Direction star. Instead, he seems to have been embroiled in more now than he was when he was actually a member of the band.
It seemed that Directioners weren’t interested in stirring the flames, though. A recurring theme among the fans was “heartbreak”—and fear that the drama would mess with finals week.
Don’t get sidetracked, Directioners! Even if Zayn and Louis are fighting, we’re pretty sure these two friends wouldn’t want their spat to impact your exams.
Photo via Wikimedia Commons (CC BY SA 3.0)
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.