- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo 2 Years Ago
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram 2 Years Ago
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE 2 Years Ago
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Today 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Today 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Today 12:41 PM
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Today 12:28 PM
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy Today 12:17 PM
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
Honeymoon’s over, boys.
For better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; atop the Gamerscore leaderboard, or not.
After 11 years with the world’s top Gamerscore on the Xbox platform, Ray “Stallion83” Cox dropped to second place after taking time off to get married and go away on his honeymoon.
According to Eurogamer, Cox has held the world record Gamerscore “since Achievement-hunting first became a thing,” but he lost the title to longtime opponent Stephen “smrnov” Rowe this past weekend. Upon the @XboxAchievements Twitter feed calling him out for the slip, Cox had the perfect response:
I've been too busy having all the sex. pic.twitter.com/aFNpwuaDY1— Ray Cox IV (@Stallion83) July 4, 2017
After getting married in early June, Cox and his wife took a quick trip to attend E3 before heading out for their honeymoon. (His bachelor party was streamed on Twitch, as any good gamer’s should be.)
For his part, Rowe doesn’t think he’ll maintain the top spot for long, since his goal is to play games to completion rather than trying to rack up the most points in whatever way necessary. But he did take the time to write out his sincere thanks to his community of gamers for helping him get there with walkthroughs and moral support.
With the two sitting just 5,600 points apart (smrnov has 1,591,450 to Stallion83’s 1,585,854), the shakeup could happen again any day now. Meanwhile, hopefully Rowe is enjoying his time at the top, because soon the honeymoon will be over for both of them.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.