- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Honeymoon’s over, boys.
For better, for worse; for richer, for poorer; atop the Gamerscore leaderboard, or not.
After 11 years with the world’s top Gamerscore on the Xbox platform, Ray “Stallion83” Cox dropped to second place after taking time off to get married and go away on his honeymoon.
According to Eurogamer, Cox has held the world record Gamerscore “since Achievement-hunting first became a thing,” but he lost the title to longtime opponent Stephen “smrnov” Rowe this past weekend. Upon the @XboxAchievements Twitter feed calling him out for the slip, Cox had the perfect response:
I've been too busy having all the sex. pic.twitter.com/aFNpwuaDY1
— Ray Cox IV (@Stallion83) July 4, 2017
After getting married in early June, Cox and his wife took a quick trip to attend E3 before heading out for their honeymoon. (His bachelor party was streamed on Twitch, as any good gamer’s should be.)
For his part, Rowe doesn’t think he’ll maintain the top spot for long, since his goal is to play games to completion rather than trying to rack up the most points in whatever way necessary. But he did take the time to write out his sincere thanks to his community of gamers for helping him get there with walkthroughs and moral support.
With the two sitting just 5,600 points apart (smrnov has 1,591,450 to Stallion83’s 1,585,854), the shakeup could happen again any day now. Meanwhile, hopefully Rowe is enjoying his time at the top, because soon the honeymoon will be over for both of them.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.