- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world 2 Years Ago
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers 2 Years Ago
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ Today 8:58 AM
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer Today 8:44 AM
- Pokémon Go player fatally shot after witnessing robbery Today 8:05 AM
- How to watch ‘Doc Martin’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The Outer Worlds is so much more than ‘Fallout in space’ Today 8:00 AM
- Even Jack Burkman’s clients don’t want anything to do with his pro-Trump smears Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘My Life Is Murder’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
The announcement arrived early Wednesday, which Platige Image, the Polish visual effects company behind The Witcher games’ cinematic scenes, confirmed in a press release. Sean Daniel and Jason Brown, who both served as executive producers on The Expanse, will play that role for the Witcher TV series. Platige Image’s Jarek Sawko and Tomek Bagiński (the latter who will direct at least one episode a season) will also be on hand as executive producers.
“Andrzej Sapkowski has created a rich and memorable world, at once magical and familiar,” Erik Barmack, Netflix vice president, international series, said in a statement. “We couldn’t be more excited about bringing Netflix members around the world.”
Sapkowski, who will act as a creative consultant, is also thrilled about bringing The Witcher Saga to more audiences.
“I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing,” Sapkowski said. “I’m excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.”
The novels and stories from Sapkowski follow “witchers,” hunters who are able to gain supernatural abilities to fight monsters. While the company behind The Witcher games and the source material are both Polish, Netflix’s TV show will be an English language series.
Platige Image also addressed the new series on its Facebook page in both English and Polish, offering congratulations to Sawko and Bagiński in particular.
“Hundreds of litres of coffee, sleepless nights and hours of meetings are finally behind us!” it read.
„Później mówiono, że człowiek ten nadszedł od północy od bramy Powroźniczej”. Ten cytat zna każdy fan sagi “Wiedźmin”....Posted by Platige Image on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.