- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy 2 Years Ago
- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram 2 Years Ago
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life 2 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
The announcement arrived early Wednesday, which Platige Image, the Polish visual effects company behind The Witcher games’ cinematic scenes, confirmed in a press release. Sean Daniel and Jason Brown, who both served as executive producers on The Expanse, will play that role for the Witcher TV series. Platige Image’s Jarek Sawko and Tomek Bagiński (the latter who will direct at least one episode a season) will also be on hand as executive producers.
“Andrzej Sapkowski has created a rich and memorable world, at once magical and familiar,” Erik Barmack, Netflix vice president, international series, said in a statement. “We couldn’t be more excited about bringing Netflix members around the world.”
Sapkowski, who will act as a creative consultant, is also thrilled about bringing The Witcher Saga to more audiences.
“I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing,” Sapkowski said. “I’m excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.”
The novels and stories from Sapkowski follow “witchers,” hunters who are able to gain supernatural abilities to fight monsters. While the company behind The Witcher games and the source material are both Polish, Netflix’s TV show will be an English language series.
Platige Image also addressed the new series on its Facebook page in both English and Polish, offering congratulations to Sawko and Bagiński in particular.
“Hundreds of litres of coffee, sleepless nights and hours of meetings are finally behind us!” it read.
„Później mówiono, że człowiek ten nadszedł od północy od bramy Powroźniczej”. Ten cytat zna każdy fan sagi “Wiedźmin”….
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.