- Trump remixes ‘build that wall’ slogan into viral nursery rhyme Today 8:21 AM
- Nonbinary NASA intern speaks out against trans military ban Today 7:59 AM
- ‘Gender reveal lasagna’ is as unsettling as it is viral Today 7:40 AM
- Viral video shows white man pulling gun, yelling slurs at Black teens Today 7:06 AM
- The Waves and AirPods meme is taking over the internet Today 7:00 AM
- Season 3 of ‘Crashing’ is its best and most daring yet Today 7:00 AM
- What you need to know about DVR on Philo Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘The Real Housewives of New Jersey’ online free Today 5:30 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch appearance isn’t a gimmick—it’s a strategy Today 4:00 AM
- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
‘Walking Dead’ fans will love Telltale Games’ new Michonne video game miniseries
You don’t have to wait for the third big installment of the game franchise to get your next fix.
You love Michonne on the TV version of The Walking Dead, she’s just as awesome in the comic book, and now she’s getting her own installments in the franchise’s video game series.
Telltale Games showed some love for its fans on Valentine’s Day by sharing a lengthy preview of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries, the newest entry in the adventure game series that’s been wowing fans and critics since it debuted in April 2012.
In an awesome bit of casting news, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey on Orange Is the New Black, will play Michonne in the game mini-series.
The Walking Dead Telltale game takes place in the comic book version of the Walking Dead universe, not the TV version. While they can be very different from one another, they also tend to share major plot points. So consider this your warning: Telltale’s miniseries—and the preview below—could spoil the TV show.
In the comic, Michonne takes a break from Rick Grimes and company to spend time serving on a ship called the Companion, sailing up and down the Virginia coast, fishing and looking for survivors. Telltale’s Michonne mini-series explores her adventures aboard the ship.
The first episode of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries will be released on Feb. 23 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One; and on Feb. 25 for iOS and Android devices.
The second episode will be released in March, and the third and final episode will be released in April. All three episodes together will cost $15.
Illustration via Telltale Games
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.