- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
‘Walking Dead’ fans will love Telltale Games’ new Michonne video game miniseries
You don’t have to wait for the third big installment of the game franchise to get your next fix.
You love Michonne on the TV version of The Walking Dead, she’s just as awesome in the comic book, and now she’s getting her own installments in the franchise’s video game series.
Telltale Games showed some love for its fans on Valentine’s Day by sharing a lengthy preview of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries, the newest entry in the adventure game series that’s been wowing fans and critics since it debuted in April 2012.
In an awesome bit of casting news, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey on Orange Is the New Black, will play Michonne in the game mini-series.
The Walking Dead Telltale game takes place in the comic book version of the Walking Dead universe, not the TV version. While they can be very different from one another, they also tend to share major plot points. So consider this your warning: Telltale’s miniseries—and the preview below—could spoil the TV show.
In the comic, Michonne takes a break from Rick Grimes and company to spend time serving on a ship called the Companion, sailing up and down the Virginia coast, fishing and looking for survivors. Telltale’s Michonne mini-series explores her adventures aboard the ship.
The first episode of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries will be released on Feb. 23 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One; and on Feb. 25 for iOS and Android devices.
The second episode will be released in March, and the third and final episode will be released in April. All three episodes together will cost $15.
Illustration via Telltale Games
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.