- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
‘Walking Dead’ fans will love Telltale Games’ new Michonne video game miniseries
You don’t have to wait for the third big installment of the game franchise to get your next fix.
You love Michonne on the TV version of The Walking Dead, she’s just as awesome in the comic book, and now she’s getting her own installments in the franchise’s video game series.
Telltale Games showed some love for its fans on Valentine’s Day by sharing a lengthy preview of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries, the newest entry in the adventure game series that’s been wowing fans and critics since it debuted in April 2012.
In an awesome bit of casting news, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey on Orange Is the New Black, will play Michonne in the game mini-series.
The Walking Dead Telltale game takes place in the comic book version of the Walking Dead universe, not the TV version. While they can be very different from one another, they also tend to share major plot points. So consider this your warning: Telltale’s miniseries—and the preview below—could spoil the TV show.
In the comic, Michonne takes a break from Rick Grimes and company to spend time serving on a ship called the Companion, sailing up and down the Virginia coast, fishing and looking for survivors. Telltale’s Michonne mini-series explores her adventures aboard the ship.
The first episode of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries will be released on Feb. 23 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One; and on Feb. 25 for iOS and Android devices.
The second episode will be released in March, and the third and final episode will be released in April. All three episodes together will cost $15.
Illustration via Telltale Games
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.