- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
‘Walking Dead’ fans will love Telltale Games’ new Michonne video game miniseries
You don’t have to wait for the third big installment of the game franchise to get your next fix.
You love Michonne on the TV version of The Walking Dead, she’s just as awesome in the comic book, and now she’s getting her own installments in the franchise’s video game series.
Telltale Games showed some love for its fans on Valentine’s Day by sharing a lengthy preview of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries, the newest entry in the adventure game series that’s been wowing fans and critics since it debuted in April 2012.
In an awesome bit of casting news, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey on Orange Is the New Black, will play Michonne in the game mini-series.
The Walking Dead Telltale game takes place in the comic book version of the Walking Dead universe, not the TV version. While they can be very different from one another, they also tend to share major plot points. So consider this your warning: Telltale’s miniseries—and the preview below—could spoil the TV show.
In the comic, Michonne takes a break from Rick Grimes and company to spend time serving on a ship called the Companion, sailing up and down the Virginia coast, fishing and looking for survivors. Telltale’s Michonne mini-series explores her adventures aboard the ship.
The first episode of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries will be released on Feb. 23 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One; and on Feb. 25 for iOS and Android devices.
The second episode will be released in March, and the third and final episode will be released in April. All three episodes together will cost $15.
Illustration via Telltale Games
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.