- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada 4 Years Ago
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Today 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Today 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Today 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Today 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Today 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
‘Walking Dead’ fans will love Telltale Games’ new Michonne video game miniseries
You don’t have to wait for the third big installment of the game franchise to get your next fix.
You love Michonne on the TV version of The Walking Dead, she’s just as awesome in the comic book, and now she’s getting her own installments in the franchise’s video game series.
Telltale Games showed some love for its fans on Valentine’s Day by sharing a lengthy preview of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries, the newest entry in the adventure game series that’s been wowing fans and critics since it debuted in April 2012.
In an awesome bit of casting news, Samira Wiley, who plays Poussey on Orange Is the New Black, will play Michonne in the game mini-series.
The Walking Dead Telltale game takes place in the comic book version of the Walking Dead universe, not the TV version. While they can be very different from one another, they also tend to share major plot points. So consider this your warning: Telltale’s miniseries—and the preview below—could spoil the TV show.
In the comic, Michonne takes a break from Rick Grimes and company to spend time serving on a ship called the Companion, sailing up and down the Virginia coast, fishing and looking for survivors. Telltale’s Michonne mini-series explores her adventures aboard the ship.
The first episode of The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries will be released on Feb. 23 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One; and on Feb. 25 for iOS and Android devices.
The second episode will be released in March, and the third and final episode will be released in April. All three episodes together will cost $15.
Illustration via Telltale Games
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.