Warning: This article includes strong language.
German filmmaker, critic-puncher, and controversy magnet Uwe Boll is back with a message: “Fuck you all.”
If you’re not familiar with Uwe Boll, here are the Cliff’s Notes: He’s known for making low-budget, ultra-violent indie movies and video game adaptations, and in 2006 he challenged film critics to literally fight him over negative reviews. He beat four of them in a series of boxing matches known as Raging Boll, and a couple of years later he promised to stop making movies if 1 million people signed a petition asking him to retire. 350,000 people signed, and Boll declared himself “the only genius in the whole fucking business.”
Basically, he’s a charming kind of guy.
Boll’s latest project is Rampage 3: No Mercy, the third in a series of films about a man on a killing spree. It’s being funded on Kickstarter, which is how we get to the “fuck you all” portion of this story.
Rampage 3: No Mercy has only raised $25,500 of its $55,000 goal, and Uwe Boll is pissed. So pissed that he posted a YouTube video about how much he hates crowdfunding and how much you suck for not giving him any money. Here are some of the highlights:
- “Basically my message is, fuck yourself.”
- “What retarded, amateur idiots collecting money on that absurd website.”
- “It’s all fucking bullshit and I will never do it in my life again.”
- “It looks like nobody gives a shit about Rampage 3.”
- “It looks like you’re easier giving $600,000 if you make a movie about some retarded visit in the forest or another, whatever, Marvel Avengers bullshit dirt.”
- “I have enough money to play golf till I’m dead.”
- “Goodbye, Hollywood.”
He followed this video with a rant about the Hollywood film industry, saying that his movie about Darfur is 10 times better than George Clooney’s “weak” documentary Sand and Sorrow. The message ends with a reference to the first Rampage movie: “We have to fucking kill the rich.”
What a guy.
Screengrab via Uwe Boll/YouTube