- YouTuber allegedly filmed himself abusing and killing his cat Sunday 5:49 PM
- Would you buy a Popeyes chicken sandwich from Quavo for $1,000? Sunday 3:05 PM
- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo Sunday 2:15 PM
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Sunday 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Sunday 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Sunday 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Sunday 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Sunday 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
The Winter Olympics are currently underway in Pyeongchang, South Korea,, and, to put it bluntly, U.S. fans are hype as shit. The U.S. ski and snowboard team gave them even more reason to freak out when they showed off their new Marvel-inspired suits.
The team debuted the new uniforms on Friday. The women’s suits resemble Captain Marvel, while the men’s suits bear a likeness to Captain America. The suits are the product of an official collaboration between Marvel and Spyder, the U.S. ski team’s official supplier.
THE US WOMEN’s SKI TEAM IS WEARING CAPTAIN MARVEL SUITS!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/d0iddtKaZy— Amanda (@NeverSunIX) January 23, 2018
Julia Mancuso, a retired alpine ski racer and Olympic gold medalist, designed the suits, which technically debuted at the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in St. Moritz, Switzerland, last February.
Decorated skier, Julia Mancuso, sports a #CaptainMarvel inspired race suit for Experience Life Magazine.— Marvelous Realm (@MarvelousRealm) December 29, 2017
The Marvel suits were debuted by Team USA at the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in St. Moritz, Switzerland, back in February. pic.twitter.com/NDZ6SgcNrl
Needless to say, fans had a lot of feelings on Twitter; the suits even became a Twitter moment. Some also theorized that the suits hint at a Captain Marvel appearance in Avengers: Infinity War, which comes out this May. Looks like the 2018 Olympics and the Marvel Cinematic Universe both just got a lot more exciting.
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.