- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol 1 Year Ago
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Today 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Today 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
Fans are losing it over the U.S. Olympic ski team’s Marvel-inspired suits
The Winter Olympics are currently underway in Pyeongchang, South Korea,, and, to put it bluntly, U.S. fans are hype as shit. The U.S. ski and snowboard team gave them even more reason to freak out when they showed off their new Marvel-inspired suits.
The team debuted the new uniforms on Friday. The women’s suits resemble Captain Marvel, while the men’s suits bear a likeness to Captain America. The suits are the product of an official collaboration between Marvel and Spyder, the U.S. ski team’s official supplier.
THE US WOMEN’s SKI TEAM IS WEARING CAPTAIN MARVEL SUITS!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/d0iddtKaZy
— Amanda (@NeverSunIX) January 23, 2018
— U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team (@usskiteam) January 5, 2018
Julia Mancuso, a retired alpine ski racer and Olympic gold medalist, designed the suits, which technically debuted at the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in St. Moritz, Switzerland, last February.
Decorated skier, Julia Mancuso, sports a #CaptainMarvel inspired race suit for Experience Life Magazine.
The Marvel suits were debuted by Team USA at the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in St. Moritz, Switzerland, back in February. pic.twitter.com/NDZ6SgcNrl
— Marvelous Realm (@MarvelousRealm) December 29, 2017
Needless to say, fans had a lot of feelings on Twitter; the suits even became a Twitter moment. Some also theorized that the suits hint at a Captain Marvel appearance in Avengers: Infinity War, which comes out this May. Looks like the 2018 Olympics and the Marvel Cinematic Universe both just got a lot more exciting.
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.