- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
The Winter Olympics are currently underway in Pyeongchang, South Korea,, and, to put it bluntly, U.S. fans are hype as shit. The U.S. ski and snowboard team gave them even more reason to freak out when they showed off their new Marvel-inspired suits.
The team debuted the new uniforms on Friday. The women’s suits resemble Captain Marvel, while the men’s suits bear a likeness to Captain America. The suits are the product of an official collaboration between Marvel and Spyder, the U.S. ski team’s official supplier.
THE US WOMEN’s SKI TEAM IS WEARING CAPTAIN MARVEL SUITS!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/d0iddtKaZy— Amanda (@NeverSunIX) January 23, 2018
Julia Mancuso, a retired alpine ski racer and Olympic gold medalist, designed the suits, which technically debuted at the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in St. Moritz, Switzerland, last February.
Decorated skier, Julia Mancuso, sports a #CaptainMarvel inspired race suit for Experience Life Magazine.— Marvelous Realm (@MarvelousRealm) December 29, 2017
The Marvel suits were debuted by Team USA at the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in St. Moritz, Switzerland, back in February. pic.twitter.com/NDZ6SgcNrl
Needless to say, fans had a lot of feelings on Twitter; the suits even became a Twitter moment. Some also theorized that the suits hint at a Captain Marvel appearance in Avengers: Infinity War, which comes out this May. Looks like the 2018 Olympics and the Marvel Cinematic Universe both just got a lot more exciting.
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.