- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
Retired NBA star Tim Duncan is a Marvel fanboy, and he just reached one of the highest echelons of nerdiness: naming your kid after a superhero.
Duncan’s girlfriend Vanessa Macias recently gave birth to their first child. They named the girl Quill, and Duncan revealed on the radio show Road Trippin’ with RJ and Channing that she’s named after Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy. That’s Chris Pratt‘s character in the movie, better known as Star-Lord.
Duncan also said, “My girlfriend, she also writes a lot too, so it’s like a pen quill,” but let’s be real: that’s kind of a stretch. This child is named after Chris Pratt.
Duncan is no stranger to comic book fandom, sporting Punisher and Deadpool knee braces during games and appearing on a charity variant cover for a Punisher comic. When will he get the Marvel movie cameo he deserves?
H/T to Comic Book Resources
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor