- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event 4 Years Ago
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
- 20 unique Mother’s Day gifts for the cool moms Today 9:45 AM
- Ancestry.com ad tries to sell slavery as romance—not rape Today 9:44 AM
- The 9 best Satanic movies on Shudder Today 9:22 AM
Get your first look at Ridley Scott’s ‘The Martian’ in this vlog-style trailer
Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, and Sebastian Stan on a space mission? We’re already sold.
The Martian, a new movie about a manned mission to Mars that does not go as planned, is virtually guaranteed to be a hit among science-fiction fans. It’s based on a bestselling novel by Andy Weir, and it stars Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Rooney Mara, and Sebastian Stan. Oh, and it’s directed by Ridley Scott.
To promote the movie, the producers released this teaser, filmed in the style of a NASA vlog, with astronaut/botanist Mark Watney (Damon) giving us a tour of the ship and introducing the crew.
The presence of Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain in a near-future setting immediately brings to mind Interstellar, but this movie seems to have a more darkly humorous tone.
Screengrab via ARES:live/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.