- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes 4 Years Ago
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca 4 Years Ago
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity 4 Years Ago
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success 4 Years Ago
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Today 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Today 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Today 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Today 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Today 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Today 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Today 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
The Martian, a new movie about a manned mission to Mars that does not go as planned, is virtually guaranteed to be a hit among science-fiction fans. It’s based on a bestselling novel by Andy Weir, and it stars Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Rooney Mara, and Sebastian Stan. Oh, and it’s directed by Ridley Scott.
To promote the movie, the producers released this teaser, filmed in the style of a NASA vlog, with astronaut/botanist Mark Watney (Damon) giving us a tour of the ship and introducing the crew.
The presence of Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain in a near-future setting immediately brings to mind Interstellar, but this movie seems to have a more darkly humorous tone.
Screengrab via ARES:live/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor