- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
The tense action of the SWAT series has a place in PC gaming history, but it hasn’t always gotten the attention it deserves. That’s why fans were delighted to see the final game in the series, the tactical operations-focused SWAT 4, make its way to digital PC gaming today with the release on GOG.com.
While no new installments have been announced for the series, the digital release is a step in the right direction after a Kickstarter campaign for a new installment was canceled in 2013. Activision reactivated the Sierra Entertainment label in 2014, opening up a future for the series.
This marks the game’s first official release since 2005, as it had never been available to digitally purchase and download. This “Gold Edition” features the game’s custom mission maker and an additional expansion pack. Multiplayer connectivity is only supported over LAN or direct connection.
SWAT 4 is available as a stand-alone for $9.99, or if you’re eager for more tactical action, you can grab both 3 and 4 for a discount.
AJ Moser is a Brooklyn-based reporter who focuses on video games, movies, and internet culture. His work has appeared in Paste Magazine, Game Informer, and Big Spaceship.