- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Today 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Today 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Today 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Today 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Today 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
There’s a ‘Walking Dead’ Easter egg hiding in this episode of ‘Supernatural’
‘Walking Dead’ fans will recognize it instantly.
Supernatural and The Walking Dead, two very popular genre TV shows, have a few things in common. They’ve both delved in zombies, will probably never end, and are linked by the resume of actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who’s appeared on both shows. It’s the last one that allowed the shows to cross the streams with a hit of an Easter egg in the latest Supernatural episode.
At the beginning of “Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell,” Dean and Sam Winchester (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, respectively) have stopped home after a series of missions. They’re covered in grime and guts, and it’s a lighter moment for the brothers, but fans quickly noticed Dean’s weapon of choice in the scene: a barb-wired baseball bat.
The bat is a nod to Lucille, the name of the baseball bat Negan wields with a vengeance in The Walking Dead, but also to Morgan himself. Long before he ruled over the Saviors and surrounding groups with threats of violence, Morgan played John Winchester on Supernatural. It’s clear the Easter egg was a special “tip of the bat”to him as Dean declared, “Dad loved this thing.”
Ackles first showed off the bat back in October, which was simply a fun gag at the time. It coincided close to the start of Negan’s reign on The Walking Dead and resulted in a fun interaction with his TV dad—who definitely handled it a lot better than Negan would’ve.
@JensenAckles J. You weren't supposed to find that. Gonna need her back son. I mean… I already gave you my car. And? I don't know? Sorta, died for you.
— Jeffrey Dean Morgan (@JDMorgan) October 27, 2016
If fans didn’t notice get the importance of the bat, the camera lingered on it toward the end of the scene for emphasis.
So how long before we see a 1967 Chevy Impala hanging around the Sanctuary?
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.