- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets 3 Years Ago
- Your therapist probably wouldn’t approve of this meme 3 Years Ago
- Batman Talisman finally lets the villains rule Gotham City Today 8:22 AM
- Controversial #ICEBae divides social media Today 8:22 AM
- Why Veronica Mars doesn’t drop any F-bombs in Hulu’s adult-rated revival Today 7:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Taco Chronicles’ will make your heart soar and mouth water Today 7:00 AM
- The view of Prime Day from Amazon’s warehouse strike Today 6:30 AM
- Conspiracy theorists think underground nukes are to blame for California’s earthquakes Today 6:30 AM
- How to follow along with San Diego Comic Con online Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream the International Champions Cup Today 5:00 AM
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
Season 12 of ‘Supernatural’ will rock you.
Supernatural is welcoming a new Lucifer at the start of season 12, in the form of “Jessie’s Girl” rocker Rick Springfield.
In a Hall H presentation, executive producers Bob Singer and Andrew Dabb revealed the Springfield will play Lucifer’s vessel in the form of a rockstar named Vince Vicente.
Springfield has shown his acting chops in True Detective and Ricki and The Flash, and his character will be a “washed-up aging rock star” who appears in the first few episodes of the season as Lucifer tries out different vessels.
“Lucifer got what he wanted last season, his face-to-face with God [Rob Benedict],” said Dabb. “Now he’s out in the world. We see Lucifer on vacation and he wants to have fun.”
The panel also saw two fans get engaged after the man, dressed as “fat Castiel” stood up to ask a fan question.
“I love when satanically themed television shows bring people together,” joked cast member and panel moderator Richard Speight Jr.
Supernatural season 12 premieres October 13 on the CW.
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.