- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Supernatural is welcoming a new Lucifer at the start of season 12, in the form of “Jessie’s Girl” rocker Rick Springfield.
In a Hall H presentation, executive producers Bob Singer and Andrew Dabb revealed the Springfield will play Lucifer’s vessel in the form of a rockstar named Vince Vicente.
Springfield has shown his acting chops in True Detective and Ricki and The Flash, and his character will be a “washed-up aging rock star” who appears in the first few episodes of the season as Lucifer tries out different vessels.
“Lucifer got what he wanted last season, his face-to-face with God [Rob Benedict],” said Dabb. “Now he’s out in the world. We see Lucifer on vacation and he wants to have fun.”
The panel also saw two fans get engaged after the man, dressed as “fat Castiel” stood up to ask a fan question.
“I love when satanically themed television shows bring people together,” joked cast member and panel moderator Richard Speight Jr.
Supernatural season 12 premieres October 13 on the CW.
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.