- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products 5 Years Ago
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities 5 Years Ago
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video 5 Years Ago
- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet Today 9:16 AM
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ Today 9:10 AM
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate Today 9:00 AM
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
Who wins in the battle of Batman vs. Darth Vader?
The Force is with everyone, apparently.
Darth Vader kidnaps Superman, so Batman travels to the Death Star to retrieve him and face down the Sith once and for all in an epic battle between good and evil, magic and science, and heavy breathers who torture their vocal chords while wearing silly capes.
If this sounds like the epic fanfic crossover of your dreams, then you’re in luck: Machinima‘s Super Power Beat Down has brought you the thrilling scenario, and we’re betting it’s at least as exciting as anything that will happen in Batman v Superman.
Directed and produced by series creators Aaron and Sean Schoenke, this episode of SPBD is set on the space station and has just about everything a Star Wars fan could want, including a cast of storm troopers along with fantastic sets and special effects. With the trailer for The Force Awakens reportedly out tomorrow, it’s a week of celebration for the fandom. So we don’t mind Darth fighting it out on his home turf. After all, Batman is, well, Batman wherever he goes.
So does science, technology, and broody vocal chord torture win out over a dude with a red flashlight and telekinetic strangling?
We won’t spoil it, but we will say we now have definitive proof that if Batman could just release his anger, he would be a formidable ally for the Dark Side.
Screengrab via Machinima/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.