- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
The Force is with everyone, apparently.
Darth Vader kidnaps Superman, so Batman travels to the Death Star to retrieve him and face down the Sith once and for all in an epic battle between good and evil, magic and science, and heavy breathers who torture their vocal chords while wearing silly capes.
If this sounds like the epic fanfic crossover of your dreams, then you’re in luck: Machinima‘s Super Power Beat Down has brought you the thrilling scenario, and we’re betting it’s at least as exciting as anything that will happen in Batman v Superman.
Directed and produced by series creators Aaron and Sean Schoenke, this episode of SPBD is set on the space station and has just about everything a Star Wars fan could want, including a cast of storm troopers along with fantastic sets and special effects. With the trailer for The Force Awakens reportedly out tomorrow, it’s a week of celebration for the fandom. So we don’t mind Darth fighting it out on his home turf. After all, Batman is, well, Batman wherever he goes.
So does science, technology, and broody vocal chord torture win out over a dude with a red flashlight and telekinetic strangling?
We won’t spoil it, but we will say we now have definitive proof that if Batman could just release his anger, he would be a formidable ally for the Dark Side.
Screengrab via Machinima/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.