- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Who wins in the battle of Batman vs. Darth Vader?
The Force is with everyone, apparently.
Darth Vader kidnaps Superman, so Batman travels to the Death Star to retrieve him and face down the Sith once and for all in an epic battle between good and evil, magic and science, and heavy breathers who torture their vocal chords while wearing silly capes.
If this sounds like the epic fanfic crossover of your dreams, then you’re in luck: Machinima‘s Super Power Beat Down has brought you the thrilling scenario, and we’re betting it’s at least as exciting as anything that will happen in Batman v Superman.
Directed and produced by series creators Aaron and Sean Schoenke, this episode of SPBD is set on the space station and has just about everything a Star Wars fan could want, including a cast of storm troopers along with fantastic sets and special effects. With the trailer for The Force Awakens reportedly out tomorrow, it’s a week of celebration for the fandom. So we don’t mind Darth fighting it out on his home turf. After all, Batman is, well, Batman wherever he goes.
So does science, technology, and broody vocal chord torture win out over a dude with a red flashlight and telekinetic strangling?
We won’t spoil it, but we will say we now have definitive proof that if Batman could just release his anger, he would be a formidable ally for the Dark Side.
Screengrab via Machinima/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.