- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream 4 Years Ago
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
‘Suicide Squad’ cast tattooed each other because this movie isn’t weird enough already
We’re really not sure what to make of the Suicide Squad cast. First, we heard about Jared Leto channeling the Joker by gifting his costars with rats, dead pigs, and bullets. Then, director David Ayer hired an on-set therapist for the cast.
Now, the Suicide Squad actors are giving each other tattoos. No, they’re not just getting matching tattoos; they’re actually tattooing each other’s bodies.
A photo posted by Joel Kinnaman (@joelkinnaman) on
On the one hand, it’s always cool to see actors forming a genuine bond on set. On the other hand, what if Suicide Squad bombs? What if none of them are friends after filming wraps? And did Will Smith, undoubtedly the most famous actor in the cast, get a tattoo alongside his B-list co-stars? We have so many questions.
It made sense for the Lord of the Rings cast to get matching tattoos after spending years riding through Middle-earth together. But Suicide Squad is only filming for a few months; those matching tats could easily turn into the movie equivalent of getting a tattoo of your high-school boyfriend’s name a month before you break up.
Still, this does give us another reason to hope Suicide Squad is good: those SKWAD tattoos will quickly become very embarrassing if it isn’t.
Photo via Joel Kinnaman/Instagram
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor