- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines 4 Years Ago
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Today 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Today 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Today 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Today 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
‘Suicide Squad’ cast tattooed each other because this movie isn’t weird enough already
We’re really not sure what to make of the Suicide Squad cast. First, we heard about Jared Leto channeling the Joker by gifting his costars with rats, dead pigs, and bullets. Then, director David Ayer hired an on-set therapist for the cast.
Now, the Suicide Squad actors are giving each other tattoos. No, they’re not just getting matching tattoos; they’re actually tattooing each other’s bodies.
A photo posted by Joel Kinnaman (@joelkinnaman) on
On the one hand, it’s always cool to see actors forming a genuine bond on set. On the other hand, what if Suicide Squad bombs? What if none of them are friends after filming wraps? And did Will Smith, undoubtedly the most famous actor in the cast, get a tattoo alongside his B-list co-stars? We have so many questions.
It made sense for the Lord of the Rings cast to get matching tattoos after spending years riding through Middle-earth together. But Suicide Squad is only filming for a few months; those matching tats could easily turn into the movie equivalent of getting a tattoo of your high-school boyfriend’s name a month before you break up.
Still, this does give us another reason to hope Suicide Squad is good: those SKWAD tattoos will quickly become very embarrassing if it isn’t.
Photo via Joel Kinnaman/Instagram
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.