- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
They’ll always save the day.
The network Steven Universe calls home teased the announcement Tuesday night with an innocent enough question: Do fans even want a Steven Universe soundtrack? While the soundtrack was likely already in the works when the question was posed, fans responded with an overwhelming yes.
Once announced, Cartoon Network posted a short clip of Steven’s phone playing the show’s theme song, “We Are the Crystal Gems.”
— Cartoon Network (@cartoonnetwork) April 12, 2017
While none of the songs included on the soundtrack have been announced apart from “We Are the Crystal Gems,” Steven Universe creator Rebecca Sugar said that the songs will be remastered by the show’s composers. It will feature the show’s vocal cast along with special guests who will perform with Sugar.
“I can not say enough about how much I love each of these tracks!” Sugar said. “But I can say that this is the best they’ve ever sounded! Please blast them! Please sing along! That’s what these are for! If the music of Steven Universe has been a tiny piece of the score of your life, please know that I am so honored. I hope you’ll love this album as much as we loved making it.”
Like Bob’s Burgers, Steven Universe’s musical touch is a key piece that makes the show work as well as it does. Songs performed by Steven, the Crystal Gems, and Steven’s musician father Greg are often heartfelt and provide the emotional crux of an episode—and they’re often catchy as hell.
The soundtrack will be released on every major streaming platform and be available to purchase June 2. Until then, Cartoon Network has a handy playlist of the show’s music for you to explore and get lost in.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.