- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise (including your very own BB-8 droid) is just months away from overwhelming store shelves and our wallets, but leaked Lego set pictures are already revealing tiny tidbits about the new movie.
The Star Wars and Lego fansite From Bricks to Bothans first posted the photos Wednesday morning. They’ve since removed the images at the request of Lego, a fact that lends credibility to the photos’ authenticity. Lucasfilm and Lego did not respond to our requests for comment.
The photos spread rapidly as soon as they were posted, meaning Lego will never be able to fully eradicate them.
The other set, featuring the Millennium Falcon, includes seven characters. We’ve seen most of them before, whether in the old films (Han Solo and Chewbacca) or the new teasers (Finn, Rey, and BB-8). But the images reveal two new characters, a “Kanjiklub Gang Member” and someone named Tasu Leech.
Based on the action of the Lego box, it would appear that the heroes have a run-in with Tasu Leech, who may be the leader of the Kanjiklub gang. By the looks of the box, this encounter might take place on the desert planet of Jakku, which is shown in both trailers.
Entertainment Weekly believes that the actor playing Tasu Leech is Yayan Ruhian, based on The Force Awakens‘ IMDb page. But that page is not always a reliable source of casting information, as anyone with an IMDb account can submit information to it.
For now, we’re left to speculate about Tasu Leech and the Kanjiklub gang until The Force Awakens merchandise floods onto shelves on Sept. 4.
Enjoy the article? You’ll love our video. Check out the latest from DotGeek on YouTube and every Monday and Wednesday on Twitch at 2 CT/3 ET.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.