- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise (including your very own BB-8 droid) is just months away from overwhelming store shelves and our wallets, but leaked Lego set pictures are already revealing tiny tidbits about the new movie.
The Star Wars and Lego fansite From Bricks to Bothans first posted the photos Wednesday morning. They’ve since removed the images at the request of Lego, a fact that lends credibility to the photos’ authenticity. Lucasfilm and Lego did not respond to our requests for comment.
The photos spread rapidly as soon as they were posted, meaning Lego will never be able to fully eradicate them.
The other set, featuring the Millennium Falcon, includes seven characters. We’ve seen most of them before, whether in the old films (Han Solo and Chewbacca) or the new teasers (Finn, Rey, and BB-8). But the images reveal two new characters, a “Kanjiklub Gang Member” and someone named Tasu Leech.
Based on the action of the Lego box, it would appear that the heroes have a run-in with Tasu Leech, who may be the leader of the Kanjiklub gang. By the looks of the box, this encounter might take place on the desert planet of Jakku, which is shown in both trailers.
Entertainment Weekly believes that the actor playing Tasu Leech is Yayan Ruhian, based on The Force Awakens‘ IMDb page. But that page is not always a reliable source of casting information, as anyone with an IMDb account can submit information to it.
For now, we’re left to speculate about Tasu Leech and the Kanjiklub gang until The Force Awakens merchandise floods onto shelves on Sept. 4.
Enjoy the article? You’ll love our video. Check out the latest from DotGeek on YouTube and every Monday and Wednesday on Twitch at 2 CT/3 ET.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.