- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused 4 Years Ago
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Today 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Today 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Today 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Today 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise (including your very own BB-8 droid) is just months away from overwhelming store shelves and our wallets, but leaked Lego set pictures are already revealing tiny tidbits about the new movie.
The Star Wars and Lego fansite From Bricks to Bothans first posted the photos Wednesday morning. They’ve since removed the images at the request of Lego, a fact that lends credibility to the photos’ authenticity. Lucasfilm and Lego did not respond to our requests for comment.
The photos spread rapidly as soon as they were posted, meaning Lego will never be able to fully eradicate them.
The other set, featuring the Millennium Falcon, includes seven characters. We’ve seen most of them before, whether in the old films (Han Solo and Chewbacca) or the new teasers (Finn, Rey, and BB-8). But the images reveal two new characters, a “Kanjiklub Gang Member” and someone named Tasu Leech.
Based on the action of the Lego box, it would appear that the heroes have a run-in with Tasu Leech, who may be the leader of the Kanjiklub gang. By the looks of the box, this encounter might take place on the desert planet of Jakku, which is shown in both trailers.
Entertainment Weekly believes that the actor playing Tasu Leech is Yayan Ruhian, based on The Force Awakens‘ IMDb page. But that page is not always a reliable source of casting information, as anyone with an IMDb account can submit information to it.
For now, we’re left to speculate about Tasu Leech and the Kanjiklub gang until The Force Awakens merchandise floods onto shelves on Sept. 4.
Enjoy the article? You’ll love our video. Check out the latest from DotGeek on YouTube and every Monday and Wednesday on Twitch at 2 CT/3 ET.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.