- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots 3 Years Ago
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations 3 Years Ago
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Today 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Today 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Today 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Today 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
This is Leia’s first appearance in the canon animated series.
In the upcoming episode, the rebels will meet Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, who travels to the main characters’ base of operations to “bring ships for the rebel fleet.”
Star Wars Rebels, now in its second season on Disney XD, follows the adventures of a small band of heroes as they link up with the nascent rebellion against the Galactic Empire.
At this point in the timeline—five years before the events of 1977’s A New Hope—Leia still represents Alderaan in the Imperial Senate, but she and her father covertly support the rebel movement by using their diplomatic activities as cover to move ships and material to the rebels.
“We thought we had an opportunity to show her learning to be a leader, experimenting with the personality that becomes the stronger, more resolute character you see in A New Hope,” executive producer Dave Filoni told TV Insider. “One of the complex challenges of depicting Leia in Rebels is that we have to remind the audience that at this point she is part of the Empire. She doesn’t believe in the Empire, but she is acting the part, almost [as] a double agent.”
The Jan. 20 episode, “A Princess in Lothal,” will mark Leia’s only appearance in Star Wars Rebels season 2. She will be voiced by Julie Dolan, who played her in a recent video game.
H/T TV Insider | Photo via Lucasfilm
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.