- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Disney’s ‘Star Wars Rebels’ series to bring in Princess Leia
This is Leia’s first appearance in the canon animated series.
In the upcoming episode, the rebels will meet Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, who travels to the main characters’ base of operations to “bring ships for the rebel fleet.”
Star Wars Rebels, now in its second season on Disney XD, follows the adventures of a small band of heroes as they link up with the nascent rebellion against the Galactic Empire.
At this point in the timeline—five years before the events of 1977’s A New Hope—Leia still represents Alderaan in the Imperial Senate, but she and her father covertly support the rebel movement by using their diplomatic activities as cover to move ships and material to the rebels.
“We thought we had an opportunity to show her learning to be a leader, experimenting with the personality that becomes the stronger, more resolute character you see in A New Hope,” executive producer Dave Filoni told TV Insider. “One of the complex challenges of depicting Leia in Rebels is that we have to remind the audience that at this point she is part of the Empire. She doesn’t believe in the Empire, but she is acting the part, almost [as] a double agent.”
The Jan. 20 episode, “A Princess in Lothal,” will mark Leia’s only appearance in Star Wars Rebels season 2. She will be voiced by Julie Dolan, who played her in a recent video game.
H/T TV Insider | Photo via Lucasfilm
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.