- Daenerys’ passive-aggressive smile is a very relatable meme Tuesday 11:18 PM
- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem (updated) Tuesday 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Tuesday 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Tuesday 1:57 PM
Mark Hamill celebrates April Fools’ Day with exquisite ‘Star Wars’ spoiler trolling
Get him to #Hamillion, Twitter.
Celebrated film and TV actor and expert Twitter troll Mark Hamill is no stranger to gently stringing along his followers in good fun, but he’s raising it to another level just in time for April Fools’ Day.
While Hamill has repeatedly teased us about which Star Wars characters Luke Skywalker may or may not be related to, he’s usually rather mum when it comes to actual spoilers from Episode VIII, which is currently filming. There’s a big, expensive reason he hasn’t said anything about what’s in the movie.
But Hamill’s quest to hit one million Twitter followers knows no bounds, and with the permission of director Rian Johnson, he’s revealing a real Star Wars spoiler for us in the form of a script page. He just never said which one he’d reveal for #Hamillion.
At the very least, Hamill’s gag may have inspired Johnson to name the as-yet-untitled sequel.
On a different note, while we won’t see any real spoilers from Hamill today, we do finally have the answer to a very important question that’s circulated online for some time now regarding Hamill’s 30-year attachment to a particularly unique sweater.
Now that’s a spoiler we can get behind.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.