- High school cheerleading team put on probation for waving Trump banner during a game 4 Years Ago
- ‘Battlestar Galactica’ is getting a reboot from the creator of ‘Mr. Robot’ Today 9:17 AM
- Sean Spicer is already alleging judges are out to get him on DWTS Today 8:52 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ loses showrunner halfway through filming Today 7:36 AM
- ‘Disenchantment’ season 2 starts strong but falls into familiar trappings Today 7:00 AM
- Are Ben Shapiro fans organizing against his opponents on Twitter? Today 6:30 AM
- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
Disney is raising money for charity using these fantastic stormtrooper helmets
See how artists have decorated these stormtrooper helmets.
Disney and Lucasfilm’s charitable initiative Star Wars: Force For Change used Star Wars Day to launch a new online auction in partnership with eBay Giving Works. The auction, which lasts 10 days, raises money for UNICEF by offering up unique plaster stormtrooper helmet replicas decorated by artists from around the world.
Each of the helmets starts at a price of $5.04, with 100 percent of the final sales going to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF, which will direct the funds to UNICEF Kid Power.
Kid Power is “an innovative new program that uses the world’s first Wearable-For-Good to get kids active and provide lifesaving food packets to children in need around the globe,” Lucasfilm said in a press release.
Lucasfilm held a similar event benefitting Kid Power at the company’s Star Wars Celebration in April.
With bidding open, some helmet prices have already reached $50 or more. The highest bid as of this writing is $165.50.
You can bid on eBay here and see a selection of the helmets below!
Photo via starwars_forceforchange/ebay
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.