- Actor Amanda Seales pushes back on #FreeRodneyReed movement Monday 10:58 PM
- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
Disney is raising money for charity using these fantastic stormtrooper helmets
See how artists have decorated these stormtrooper helmets.
Disney and Lucasfilm’s charitable initiative Star Wars: Force For Change used Star Wars Day to launch a new online auction in partnership with eBay Giving Works. The auction, which lasts 10 days, raises money for UNICEF by offering up unique plaster stormtrooper helmet replicas decorated by artists from around the world.
Each of the helmets starts at a price of $5.04, with 100 percent of the final sales going to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF, which will direct the funds to UNICEF Kid Power.
Kid Power is “an innovative new program that uses the world’s first Wearable-For-Good to get kids active and provide lifesaving food packets to children in need around the globe,” Lucasfilm said in a press release.
Lucasfilm held a similar event benefitting Kid Power at the company’s Star Wars Celebration in April.
With bidding open, some helmet prices have already reached $50 or more. The highest bid as of this writing is $165.50.
You can bid on eBay here and see a selection of the helmets below!
Photo via starwars_forceforchange/ebay
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.