- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Get ready for tantalizing new tidbits about ‘Star Wars’ villain Kylo Ren
You’ll never look at this masked villain the same way.
EW‘s Fall Movie Preview features Ren, played by Adam Driver, front and center on its cover, so you know what to expect inside. The magazine is already sharing highlights from its cover story, an interview with director J.J. Abrams, in which he discusses what brought him onto the project and pulls back the curtain on Ren in a major way.
Star Wars fans are beside themselves with excitement after reading a few of the new facts about Ren, whose crossguard lightsaber was one of the first major stories to come out of the initial teaser trailer released last November. What Abrams has to say won’t ruin the movie for you—he’s famous for storing the biggest reveals in a mystery box until his films hit theaters—but it will make you totally rethink Driver’s masked villain.
And yes, there’s some new information about the lightsaber in there, too.
The magazine also shared a gallery of never-before-seen photos from The Force Awakens and high-resolution versions of other shots—like Domhnall Gleeson as the imposing General Hux—that debuted at San Diego Comic-Con.
Photo via Amy/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.