- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 3 Years Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free 3 Years Ago
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
‘Star Wars’ star John Boyega praises female Finn cosplayer: ‘I’m in love’
The Force is strong with this one.
Boyega retweeted Krissy Victory’s photo of her outfit and added, “I’m in love.”
Krissy Victory first became interested in cosplay after a friend convinced her to dress up with her at a local anime convention, and she’s been hooked ever since. Her costumes cover a multitude of fandoms, from Catwoman and Wonder Woman to Pocahontas, Bioshock Infinite, and Pokémon.
She’s a lifelong Star Wars fan who started with the prequels and re-watches the movies every May the Fourth with her brother, and she’s even cosplayed as Slave Leia in the past. But she found a new source of inspiration in Finn after The Force Awakens, and he quickly became one of her new favorite characters, alongside Anakin Skywalker.
“When I saw Force Awakens I fell into inspiration and admiration, the new characters were so amazing!” she told the Daily Dot in an email. “Finn grabbed my interest the most, he’s so funny, quirky, and I was hooked every time Finn hit the screens.”
Victory was instantly hooked by Finn’s story and the possibilities of where it could lead in Episode VIII, and she soon began putting together a Finn’ costume. She found a similar jacket and lightsaber fairly quickly, and in the span of two weeks she came up with the rest of the outfit.
She decided to keep her hair the way it was and not change it, because her “vision of Finn would be similar to how I look.” She kept the hair and makeup light, wanting it to “feel more real.”
On Friday, she shared a photo of her Finn cosplay with her followers, which shows her getting ready to strike.
Less than 20 minutes after she tweeted, John Boyega issued his retweet.Victory, who has notifications set for whenever Boyega tweets, initially thought that it was spam. She couldn’t believe it, but then she saw that the tweet was real, and soon her notifications blew up as more people discovered and retweeted her photo.
“To have such an inspiration one of my acting icons and favorite character in Star Wars acknowledge my presence—I couldn’t be any more honored,” Victory said. “I am a young dreamer like he mentioned at the BAFTAS. This felt like an award towards me personally, and I feel deeply honored.”
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.