- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Today 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Today 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Today 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Today 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
Stephen Colbert ‘reveals’ that he got Harrison Ford to return to ‘Star Wars’
We were so close to not getting a full reunion.
The old gang is back together for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford reprising their roles, but now we’re learning just how close we were to not getting one of them in the movie.
For Hamill and Fisher, it might have been as simple as getting a great script that honored their beloved characters. But for Ford, it was always going to be harder. The legendary actor has a somewhat complicated relationship with the franchise. Luckily, J.J. Abrams had a foolproof plan to get him on board: Just convince him that he could be replaced by someone younger and possibly even hipper.
Screengrab via The Late Show with Stephen Colbert/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.